Chapter XI

We were on a boat at this time. Just Sam, Nathan, and me. It was really nice and peaceful. The guys were drinking a beer.

Sam looked at me, "Want one?"

I gave him a look and tried to contain any sort of laughter from escaping, "Do you not remember what happened almost 2 and a half weeks ago?"

Sam laughed. "Right, my bad, sweetie," He kissed my forehead. I smiled and decided to take pictures of the ocean.

Sam smirked, watching me taking pictures, and looked at Nathan. "Hey, we don't seem to be under pressure as of the moment... And Delilah's taking pictures... How about we get a group photo?" He suggested. I smiled brightly, "I think that's a great idea."

Nathan came over, "Okay, one picture. I want it to be a nice one." We all laughed. "How about one nice one and one silly one?" I asked. "Okay, okay," Nathan finally agreed.

Sam took the camera, well, my phone and held it out, so we could get all three of us. We all smiled for one picture. Then for the silly one... Sam gave Nathan bunny ears, and Nathan did the same to Sam, and... for me? I crossed my eyes and stuck my tongue out.

Once we finished, Nathan went back to driving the boat, and I looked at the pictures. I smiled brightly at the silly one. Sam looked over my shoulder to look at the picture, "One big crazy family."

I laughed and smiled, "When we get home, I'm definitely giving a copy of the silly picture to Elena." Nathan softly chuckled. He was still a little quiet from last night. I felt bad for him.

Nathan drove over to an island and looked for whatever he could. If he could find clues, he took them. We saw a tower, and I was the first to jump off the boat. I smiled and got into the water. I was thankful I didn't put on my white shirt today. I followed the boys and smiled. This was definitely my kind of place.

We went through all the lush of the forest. I was so relaxed, and I think Sam noticed that.

"I've never seen you so... relaxed, Delilah. I take it you love this place?" I nodded, "This is honestly my type of place, Sam. Something about here, makes me feel so cozy and warm. It has... a homey feeling to it," I described to him. Sam smiled, seeing my passion. "Maybe we could build a place here, or see if they have houses here for sale." I blushed and nodded, "Maybe."

Nathan was already in the tower. "I feel bad for Nathan, but... then again... maybe he should have just told her the truth," I said quietly. Sam nodded, agreeing with me.

We decided to climb up. Nathan was in front of an arrow. "It's probably a compass arrow," Sam said to Nathan as he gave it a soft push, opening up the wall. Nathan looked at Sam, "How'd you know it did that?" "If there's one thing I learned from you, it's push everything," Sam said with a chuckle. We were all a little taken back by it. Sam pointed to our boat. "There's another arrow.." Sam nodded, "Let's go see what it's pointing at." We all decided to leave. Nathan began driving the boat again. We got into a cave. It was so beautiful. We were climbing and running around. I couldn't stop loving this area.

We kept following Nathan. The boys tossed me up first when there was a broken ladder, then Nathan threw Sam. I ran across the bridge, and when Sam went across, it broke.

I could hear Nathan scream for us, but I couldn't move. It was definitely hard to describe. There was just a sudden feeling that we weren't alone; That there was danger close by. I saw Sam coming with a box with wheels on it. I helped him push it outside, but then we didn't see Nathan.

"Where were you guys?" Nathan asked.

"We were looking for a way to get you up here. All right... just jump across then." We walked and I rubbed my arms. We followed Nathan around. We found another tower and got in. We slid down a mudslide.

When we landed, I noticed there were statues of the pirate leaders, but they were all covered in moss. We went into an open room and saw maps and models after walking into a smallish room. "All these are amazing," I looked through all of the models and was in awe. I wanted to take pictures, but I decided not to waste my phone battery. Nathan was on a button, but the mechanisms in the door weren't working, so we all had to lift it.

There was another test. I just looked around while the boys worked on the trial. I saw the statues rise. We went through an elevator (at least it was kind of like one). We couldn't go back and tried making our way back. We got back in the boat and found the Avery statue. "Uh, guys, a storm's coming in," I said while looking at the ocean. The boys nodded.

"Big Skull island? What?" Sam joked. Nathan shook his head, "Big island, just no skull." The boys were talking. I could see boats with lights on them, so I nudged them both, "Shoreline's here." They both groaned. "I suggest we get moving," I said while looking at them. We started to make our way back to the boat.