Chapter VIII

I was looking through the skies, seeing all of Scotland. It was beautiful. "Hey, boys, think we found your place," I said as I continued watching the land we were flying over.

Nathan got out of his seat to look where I was looking. "Yup, that's it," He said as Sully started to land in the water.

When Sully landed the plane, the boys went first, and I followed.

Out of all the trips I've made, this one felt really weird. Was it because I was getting a crush? Was it because there was a danger? I had no idea.

Sully stayed with his plane, just like he told me he would.

We made our way around. We climbed down a cliff and saw Shoreline equipment. It was an excavation equipment.

"I thought they were just at the cathedral," Nathan said as he realized who the equipment belonged to.

"Look! They're here!" A mercenary shouted.

Then it began. Three guys began shooting at us. I shot one in the head and we began running. Then we saw guys blowing up the cathedral. I shook my head and followed the guys.

"Seems like Shoreline was expecting us... and they're searching farther away from the cathedral," Sam said as we walked.

Nathan nodded, "Which means we gotta get to the graveyard pronto."

We got to a little section of the land where there was more Shoreline equipment. I smiled, finding a dynamite stick. I took a few and smiled to myself.

Sam chuckled. "Like explosions?"

I smiled, "Who doesn't love explosions? I mean except when it comes to the artifacts."

Nathan grabbed a stick and lit one, throwing it at the door that was locked. Sure enough, the dynamite blew the doors out of the way.

"That was very loud. Hopefully, they didn't hear us," Sam said as we all continued our way through the doors. "Yeah, well maybe our explosion just blended in with the other explosions," Nathan responded.

Then more Shoreline guys came. "Shit..." I said quietly as we hid in the high grass. Nathan and Sam took most of the guys down. I hid along the side of a box. Before I knew it, there was none left. I followed the boys up and sighed, relaxed for the short amount of time that we weren't surrounded.

We ran along the cliffside and were being sneaky. I froze when I felt Sam's arm around my waist. "And what do you think you're doing?" Sam chuckled, "Why not? We know there's this unspoken tension between you and me." I rolled my eyes, playing him off. I wanted to test him. That and I didn't wanna give into anything. "I prefer to wait. We've only known each other for about a month, Sam." Sam moved his arm, "Whatever you say, princess."

We followed Nathan some more. There was a broken ladder. The boys let me go first since I was the lightest. I felt pretty bad for stepping on them, but they understood. Then Sam followed and stepped on Nathan. We walked over and Sam helped Nathan up to where we were. We slid down some gravel. I'm not gonna lie, it hurts, but it's so much fun sliding down.

We started climbing against a wall when we noticed some people under us.

"The next, he's paying us double to wipe them out," One mercenary said.

"You go where the money leads you," Another one said.

"That's cold," A third one said.

"It gets colder. I'm gonna take a leak while you educate our young recruit here," The first one said.

"I'll take this one. You guys go after those two." I said, seeing the one who was under me. They both nodded. I jumped down first, breaking the man's neck. I went into the tall grass, and boys broke the guards' necks.