Chapter V

We made our way to the manor. I was walking barefooted the whole time. It just made it easier for me. I couldn't imagine trying to walk on natural terrain in high heels.

I could tell Sam was watching me. Nathan was leading, naturally. I was in the middle, and Sam was behind me. Why wasn't he with Nathan? I don't know.

I stuck my heels into my jacket, which was tucked into my pants. We came to a bridge and Nathan got a rope, so we could swing to the other side.

"Want me to help you with this?" Sam asked me after Nathan got the rope ready.

I looked at him and thought, "I think I can do it. I may be a bit rusty, but I can try."

Sam smiled at my response, "If you say so, then go ahead." Nathan did it first, then Sam, and then me. It wasn't that hard, but the climbing was. I missed a few steps, and Sam watched me like a hawk.

We did the swing again. This time I did a lot better. Sam was first, then Nathan, then me.

We all clung to a cliffside. Nathan was going to climb up, but Sam stopped him. There were two bodyguards. We watched them go inside. The boys got up, and naturally, Sam helped me up.

Nathan walked a bit farther than us. I looked at Sam. "Why are you being so helpful to me?" Sam smiled, "I can tell when you need help, just you refuse to ask for it. Like me." He had a point there. I smiled and shook my head, "Well, thank you."

I froze when we all had to run along the wall with the rope. Sam let me hold onto him as he did that. As a thanks, I kissed his cheek when we landed, "Thanks, Sam." Sam froze for a second, then smiled at me. He gently rubbed his cheek, "Heh, welcome, Delilah." I softly chuckled.

We continued to climb up the wall, and landed on a balcony. I'm guessing this is where Sully's signal was coming from. I pulled my shoes out of my jacket and sighed.

"Happy we're on solid ground?" Nathan asked.

"Very," I replied.

Sam started taking off his jumpsuit, which revealed his tux. Nathan was about to open the window. "Nathan?" "What?" Sam made a gesture to the jumpsuit. "Oh, right," Nathan said as he started to unzip his jacket.

I faced the opposite of the boys. I took off the pants in a sexy manner and fixed the long dress. I took the jacket off, which showed my hourglass figure perfectly, and emphasized on my breasts. I felt like a classier and more realistic version of Jessica Rabbit in the dress.

I lifted the skirt up, which I had a band on my thigh. It held a gun and a knife, just in case. I fixed my jewelry in the reflection of a window. I, also, fixed my hair. I grabbed my shoes and put them on. I was wearing an emerald green dress, with silver shoes.

Sam and Nathan looked at me, with them both in their tuxes. "Wow... you clean up nicely." I blushed as I grabbed my clutch purse out of my jacket, which had lipstick in it. I was putting on my nude lipstick, then responded. "Why, thank you."

Nathan hopped into the room first. Sam smiled, "Lady's first?" He gestured to me. "Thank you." He picked me up, bridal style and set me in the room, then he came in.

"Sully?" Nathan said, looking at a figure in the shadows.

"Know what I love about partying with a bunch of crooks?" Sully replied, "Nobody cares if you smoke indoors." He said as he turned the light on.

"It's been a while," Nathan said as he opened his arms, expecting a hug from Sully. Sully gave him a hug.

"Remember my dead brother, right? And sneaky Delilah?" Nathan gestured to us as Sully looked at us.