My brother leaned against the wall opposite of where I sat, while Tucker sat next to me. Dale was also present, quietly seated at the nearby table. He didn't look any better than I felt.

The interrogation was taking too long. And the more time passed, the more anxious I grew. I tapped my feet, bounced my knee, wrung my hands together and scratched at my head. I'm sure I looked like a cockatoo by now.

Another muffled scream echoed up to the lounge. It was barely audible, but it was enough to make my anxiety skyrocket. I expelled a shaky breath, raking a hand through my hair, barely holding back the tears of frustration welling up in my eyes and threatening to fall.

Hunter came forward, patting my hair down and popping a squat on the armrest of the couch. "Don't take it the wrong way, but you need to calm down, Jax. Wherever Asher is, he can sense your emotions and he doesn't need to be having a panic attack."

"No, you're absolutely right. I won't be doing him any favours if I can't relax." I replied, taking another deep breath and trying my best to steady my rampant emotions and thoughts.

I knew what those fuckers had done to my mate last night, so I couldn't help but worry even more. What's happening to him right now? Is he as frightened as I am?

"You know it's weird. I'm over here losing my shit, but there's a small part of me that's calm. Like part of me knows everything will be okay." I confessed.

"Maybe it's not you. It's probably Asher. And maybe, you should listen to that small part instead of driving yourself mad." Tucker reasoned.

Another scream echoed up to the lounge, this one louder and longer making me fly off my seat as anxiety shot my nerves and I was barely holding together. A moment later, a loud commotion could be heard coming up the steps that led from the interrogation rooms and holding cells to where we were gathered.

The door flew open and a pissed off Carter Hayes stormed out throwing curses to the wind while furiously wiping his bloodied knuckles on a handkerchief. Marcana's fourth-in-command followed silently, entering the lounge with an exhausted expression etched onto his face.

"...fucking useless!" Carter shouted, migrating to the adjoining kitchenette. Running water accompanied his continued rant before he returned to the lounge.

"Tobias' third-in-command and he can't give us anything useful. Why the fuck is he third-in-command then?" he continued to rant.

I raised an eyebrow, turning to Tucker. I hadn't gotten the chance to see the Blackwater wolves they'd taken captive.

"You guys got Davin?" I queried, and the tall teen nodded.

"Can you believe it? Three hours and all he can say is 'I don't know!' Fucking useless!" the future beta continued to rant. Carter raked a frustrated hand through his hair, giving it a light ruffle as he plopped down in the chair next to Dale. He turned to his future alpha, his expression softening.

"How are you holding up?"

Dale was silent for a moment.

"As well as I can. For him. He's scared out of his mind." Dale replied, rubbing at his forehead similarly to how I had done several times. Carter nodded, patting Dale on the shoulder.

"We'll find him. Both of them." he assured, flitting his gaze over to me.

"Maybe I can help."

Everyone glanced over to where the new voice had come from by the entryway to the lounge. To say I was beyond happy, wouldn't describe the way I felt. Until now, my hope of finding Asher dwindled and fluctuated, but now I felt slightly more assured and confident that we would find them.