--two--

Four fifty six in the morning, Sehun was still on his computer. His friends were both asleep, heads on either of his shoulders. Sehun paused the movie, annoyed that since 2 am, it was him alone watching the movies. Annoyed by the fact that Kai was snoring in his sleep and Baekhyun was mumbling stuff like, Just put it in the washing machine and I'm genie for your life.

Puffing his cheeks with air, he simply sat up, letting the two hit each other's head. Baekhyun yelped but Kai was still sleeping like a dead man. Sehun arched a brow at Baekhyun who barely had his eyes open. Squinting in the dark, he looked at the time on his phone. 

"Sorry dude," he mumbled before falling back on top of Kai and closing his eyes. Sehun huffed, he couldn't believe Baekhyun was falling asleep so easily. It was normal for Kai. He never lasted an hour into a movie anyway.

Grabbing the water bottle from the fridge, he leaned against the kitchen counter, feeling the cool liquid run down his insides. The quiet of the house was typical. Reaching the window that overlooked his mother's precious garden, he watched the sun rising against the horizon. The street lamps were still on. It was a little cooler now but he knew the temperature would go crazy when the sun will be high up in the sky.

The familiar screeching noise of the fences around the garden got his attention. He swiveled his head to the right, leaning to see what it was, or who it was. He widened his eyes, as much as he could. A blurry figure in the faint light of the sun, that's all that he could make out without his glasses in the dim light.

But his eyes recognized the round glasses and short hair. Sehun's jaw slackened. So she wasn't as innocent as she looked. Crouching down, she tucked a flower from one of the bushes. Sehun recognized the upright stalks of the lavenders move as she walked past them. His fingers tightly curled around the glass in his hand. Perhaps it cracked too because he was angry someone else was stealing the flowers that he had grown. But he stayed there, watching as she swiftly pushed the fence and left, scurrying down the quiet streets of the neighborhood and vanishing.

Sehun thought he'd catch her the next day.

The next morning, Sehun woke up with a jolt when his alarm went off. It was still comparatively dark. Some streaks of sunshine emerging from the horizon. He brushed his teeth, stealthily climbing down the stairs as to not give away that someone in this house was awake. He was going to make his mother proud by catching this thief.

She was faster than him that day. Sehun would admit he had taken a while to brush his teeth but the girl was already racing down the street with haste in her steps. Sehun cursed underneath his breath, making up his mind to follow her. As he stepped out in his flip flops, he already knew it was a bad idea. But he could care less as he didn't want to lose sight of her down the road.

Bold of her to step out all alone so early in the morning, he thought. Where was she going anyway? He noticed the way she dearly held the flower to herself. Sehun thought she was weird, because who the hell woke up at four in the morning? Who would do that on summer breaks? Sehun sighed, watching her leave the neighborhood. There was only so much he could go in his pajamas. He thought he'd find out the next morning, also wondering where she was going. Did her parents know? Was she meeting a boy maybe?

Sehun would agree she was pretty and maybe had a boyfriend already. But who the hell meets up so early in the morning?

"You should make friends with her," his mother said, peeling the oranges that sat on the table.

Sehun rolled his eyes. "That nerd? No thanks."

"She's a good girl and they're a nice family. We should be friendly when we have such wonderful neighbors."