chapter eleven

Magsimula sa umpisa

"It's literally a five minute walk I don't know what the big deal is." He swung our arms back and forth and I admired him as he spoke.

I had only seen him on facetime and through pictures for the past week I almost forgot he was actually real. "I missed looking at your face," I admitted, knowing he'd tease me but I didn't care. "How? We facetimed almost every night since I left." I shook my head, "It's not the same, you're way more impressive in person." He laughed slightly, a small blush rising to his cheeks. "Thank you beautiful, you can stare at me all you want while you're here." He squeezed my hand, "Oh I will." He laughed and so did I.

It was about 10:45 when we got to the venue, and he showed his pass to the security by the back door and they let us through. "Mitchel, you're back!" The manager I recognized as Aaron greeted him. I had talked to him over facetime a few times but hadn't met him officially yet. "Kayla, it's nice to finally see you in person. I gave Mitchel a pass for you so no one will give you any trouble trying to get in and out of the venue. Mitchel make sure you give it to her."

I thanked him and he nodded his head at me before running off, most likely to set something else up for the show.

Mitchel pulled me along behind him, "the guys are back in this room." He opened the door, letting me go in before him.

"Kayla!" My name echoed as all the boys got up to say hi and give me hugs. "Mitchel has not shut up about you since we left New York," Christian said. I turned to look at Mitchel behind me. His cheeks grew pink and he looked at Christian harshly, "dude!" Mitchel slapped Christian's shoulder lightly. "Well it's true!" I grabbed Mitchel's arm, pulling him next to me. "It's alright babe, it's cute." I winked up at him. He just shook his head and laughed. "No but seriously he's always got something to say about you," Clinton added. "Okay Okay, let's stop talking about me and Kayla and move on to something else." I laughed, laying my head on his arm. Well, it was more of an attempt to lay on his shoulder but I wasn't quite tall enough when we were both standing.

"Hey, would you mind taking our meet and greet pictures today? Ryan's getting pretty sick of it." I nodded my head, "of course I will. It's not like I have anything better to do."

I followed him over to a couch where I sat next to him. He grabbed my legs and laid them across his lap, so I was facing him more. His hand rested on my thigh, drawing circles with his thumb.

"Apparently, there are already a bunch of fans waiting in line out front." His voice contained excitement and I couldn't wait to experience this show with them. "No way, it's so early!" I checked my phone and it's was a little after 11. "I know! I guess they want to be at the front for the show, so they come super early and wait all day." These were the same conversations we'd have on the phone everyday but something about being here with him made it so different and special.

His hand resting on my thigh was such a subtly touch, but it still made my stomach do flips. Nothing ever got old with him, and I swear I'd have butterflies around him as long as I was with him.

"I'm so tired, I barely slept last night." I furrowed my eyebrows. "How come?"

"I just kept thinking about how you'd be here tomorrow and how the show was sold out and the anticipation was too much. I was too restless." He looked tired, I just figured it was from touring. "Do you wanna sleep for a while before you have to go out there?" I questioned. He nodded, "can we go to the bus though?" I got up, him following my movements. "Yeah, for sure." I honestly could use some sleep myself, I knew tonight would most likely be late.

He lead me by putting his hand on my lower back, and stood very close by me as we walked. We walked out the back door, and were headed to the bus when we heard a few girls talking. "Oh my god he's right there, look." There were only three of them, but they excitedly ran over towards Mitchel. "Hi Mitchel, how are you?" They tried to play as casual as they could but it was obvious they were freaking out on this inside. "Hey ladies, I'm doing good. Getting excited about the show?" He questioned and I admired his ability to make conversation with them and treat them more like friends than fans. "Absolutely, we have VIP so we'll actually see you again later." The girls seemed to relax the more he spoke to them.