two // thunderstorms

Her eyes darted around the broken down barn, listening to the rain fall on top of the roof.

Drip.

Drip.

Loud wind filled the couple's ears, along with loud bangs.

Javier noticed the girl's increasing anxiety and put his hand on top of hers. "You okay?"

She sighed, adding in a small chuckle. "Do you think it's stupid that out of all the things that could possibly scare me in our world, thunderstorms frighten me more than muertos?"

Javier returned her laugh with his own. "No, of course not," he said, reassuring her that her fears were not stupid. "I think it's kind of cute."

"You're awful." she said, laying down and turning away from him.

"(Y/N)," Javier grinned, moving his hand up and down her body. "I can comfort you."

"No, I'll be fine." (Y/N) replied.

The loud crash of lightning rung in both of their ears and (Y/N) immediately shut her eyes tightly.

"Are you sure about that, love?"

(Y/N) felt her face get hot. Javier and her hadn't been romantic towards each other for months, due to all of the muertos.

"Lo-"

Before Javier could finish, (Y/N) turned around and looked up at him, a deep red blush sitting across her face.

"I missed that."

"Missed what?"

"Being romantic with each other..." she admitted, pursing her lips inwards as she gazed into his dark brown eyes.

"I never stopped wanting to," he told her, grabbing her hand and kissing the top of it.

"Will you hold me?" (Y/N) asked quietly, patiently waiting for Javier's response.

"Are you scared?"

"No— Shut up."

Javier chucked to himself and began to lay down beside the girl, pulling her closer to him. Her head was buried in his chest, and his head was on top of hers.

"I missed this so much..." (Y/N) mumbled in his chest.

"Me too, love."