Karaoke Night

Well, it had been about an hour since they finished arguing and I was able to take my shower. We all sat down in the kitchen for dinner as it was already 6:30 already.

"So Pearl are you one of the exiled as well?" I asked nervously. I was afraid that I might get hit or something of the sort.

"Well no, not exactly." Said, Pearl. "I am one of the outcast. They are different from the exiled because the exiled were once part of one of the kingdoms. We outcast are mixed breeds, we are born from at least one half-breed."

"May I ask what you are a mix breed of?"

"JACOB!" Sapphire yelled at me. "You never ask anyone about what breed or breeds they are!"

"No, it's fine Saph," Pearl reassured her. "My mother was a full-fledged Succubus. However, my father was half Seraphin and half Human."

Wow, no wonder I couldn't take my eyes off of her, but now that I knew what she was I could somehow look away much easier. "That's amazing, but I do have to wonder. If half-breeds are allowed to be born then how come their children will become outcasts?" I asked.

"Because in order for a half-breed to have children and keep them the half-breed must fall in love with someone with the same breed as one of theirs," Sapphire explained.

"Well, that's just stupid! Who made this rule?" I yelled. I really hoped that it wasn't my mother or father who did.

"The Senate is the one who made the rule but no one knows why or even who the Senate is," Pearl told me.

"Well, it looks like I have some asses that need kicking!" I said pissed off as well as excitedly.

"Oh! That reminds me!" Sapphire yelled as she ran into her bedroom. All of a sudden I heard a crash and I jumped up from my seat to check it out. "I'm fine!" She yelled as she ran back in the room with a large box in her arms.

"What's that!?" Both Pearl and I said at the same time. Sapphire handed the box to me and had me open it. Inside was a strange gauntlet-like item. "What am I supposed to do with this?" I asked puzzled.

"You put it on, duh," Sapphire told me. I put it on but it was a little too big. Just then the gauntlet started to shrink and fit my hand. I could no longer take it off.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!" I yelled. Sapphire explained to me that it was a Seraphin Guards weapon. It could change into any form but it would always revert back into the gauntlet when I was done. It could also camouflage itself while we are out in public. I started messing around with it, I turned it into a sword then a mace, a shield, a staff, and a cannon. All were attached to my hand or arm in some way. Finally, I made it turn invisible and turn to Sapphire to give her a hug.

Nobody has ever given me anything other than pain and/or humiliation.

"I still need to take you around town don't I?" I said in a slightly joking manner. "There's someplace I think you might enjoy."

"Hey, can I join you two?" Pearl asked.

"Sure, I don't see why not," I said and we all headed out.

* * *

I took the girls to one of my favorite places in the entire town. It was my favorite because no matter what you did in there, as long as it was legal, nobody judged you. I took the girls to a karaoke bar. I had Sapphire use her card to pay for our table and a few glasses of soda.

"So which one of you girls would like to join me in a song?" I asked playfully.

"I don't sing," Pearl said. "But Sapphire would be glad to!"

Sapphire look startled as I pulled her up to the desk to chose which song we would do. I whispered my choice to the DJ so that Sapphire couldn't hear me. As I brought her up to the stage I told her to just read the words and sing along with the music. She nodded her head and the music started playing.

Music: ♪I'm an angel with a shotgun, shotgun, shotgun. An angel with a shotgun, shotgun, shotgun.♪

Me: ♪Get out your guns, battles begun, are you a saint or a sinner? If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger. They say before you start a war, you better know what you're fighting for. Well, baby, you are all that I adore, if love is what you need a soldier I will be.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, fighting till the wars won, I don't care if heaven won't take me back. I'll throw away my faith, babe, just to keep you safe. Don't you know you're everything I have? ... And I, wanna live, not just survive, tonight.♪

Sapphire: ♪Sometimes to win, you've got to sin, don't mean I'm not a believer. ... And major Tom will sing along. Yeah, they still say I'm a dreamer. They say before you start a war, you better know what you're fighting for. Well, baby, you are all that I adore, if love is what you need, a soldier I will be.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, fighting till the wars won, I don't care if heaven won't take me back. I'll throw away my faith, babe, just to keep you safe. Don't you know you're everything I have? ... And I, wanna live, not just survive, tonight.♪

Music: ♪Ooh ooh whoa whoa. Ohh ooh whoa whoa. Ohh ooh whoa whoa (Me: I'm an angel with a shotgun, shotgun). Ohh ooh whoa whoa (Me: I'm an angel with a shotgun, shotgun).♪

Me: I'm an angel with a shotgun, fighting till the wars won, I don't care if heaven won't take me back...

♪I'm an angel with a shotgun fighting till the wars won I don't care if heaven won't take me back. I'll throw away my faith, babe, just to keep you safe. Don't you know you're everything I have? ... And I, wanna live, not just survive.♪

Sapphire: ♪... And I'm, gonna hide, hide, hide my wings tonight.♪

They say before you start a war, you better know what you're fighting for.

Me: Well baby, you are all the I adore, if love is what you need, a soldier I will be.

We got back to our table as the entire room was applauding our performance. I was surprised at how well Sapphire could sing.

"That was amazing," Pearl exclaimed. "Sapphire, you have a beautiful voice!"

"What about me!" I said in a jokingly hurt tone.

"Fine, you have a beautiful voice too," Pearl said with a chuckle.

"Well, we better start heading back to the apartment. We have a lot to discuss and plan." Sapphire said.

With that, we all finished our drinks and started heading back to the apartment.

I wish you could have lived a normal life. Maybe when this is over you can once more.