Chapter Forty-Six: Los Angeles, California

"Babe hand me that suitcase," Chris said as he turned around. I lifted the suitcase and handed it to him, and he packed it into the luggage compartment above our seat on the plane. Apparently Chris wanted to pack so many things that they were being transported on the private flight and we had to go on a regular plane. Chris closed the luggage compartment and sat down in his seat, patting the spot beside him with a smile.

"Hey, I want the window seat," I pouted. He shrugged.

"Fine, you can sit in my lap once the plane takes off," he said with a smirk. I sighed but gave in and sat in the seat next to him, buckling up as the flight attendant told us we'd be departing soon. I rested my head on Chris' shoulder and he wrapped his arm around me with a small smile. I kept imagining him on a stage in front of thousands of screaming fans. It worried me a little, but I trusted him to stay loyal. He had promised me we were starting a new life, and he was starting off fresh as a new person.

"We'll be leaving for Los Angeles in two minutes." The flight attended announced as she reminded everyone to buckle up. I kissed Chris softly.

"I've never been in a plane before." I said with a small smile. His eyes widened.

"Really? Never?" He asked, sounding genuinely shocked. I shrugged and blushed a little, but when the plane started to take off I gripped his shoulder tightly in fear. He chuckled and kissed my cheek. 

"You scared babe?" He teased with a wide smile on his face. I glared at him, but when we were finally in the air and were allowed to unbuckle, I felt better. I relaxed my grip on his shoulder and instead looked out the window at the clouds passing by. 

"This is so cool," I said softly, leaning over him and trying to catch a glimpse of the ground below. He smiled and hoisted me onto his lap, wrapping his arms around me as we both stared out the window. He looked uninterested, as if he had seen this sight plenty of times before, but it was all new to me. 

"Is it gonna be really different in LA?" I wondered aloud for what seemed like the umpteenth time. Chris kissed me softly, looking into my eyes. 

"Babe, don't worry about it. We'll be perfectly fine. You'll see," he said reassuringly. I sighed and nodded, relaxing against his chest for the plane ride. 

***

Chris was standing in front of me, dressed in the clothes he used to wear to work when he was still my math teacher. I was sitting on his desk, my heart beating fast with nervousness. But why was I nervous? I hadn't been nervous around Chris since before I knew he liked me. 

"I like you Lana." He said, interrupting my thoughts, sending a small shiver through me. He had called me Lana, something only my mom had ever called me. And he liked me?!  

"How?" I croaked, not paying attention to my voice cracking.   

"I'll show you." He whispered, and I felt his breath tickle my face as he leaned in. Every fiber of my being was screaming "yes!", but I still wasn't sure what to do. I didn't know exactly what was going on, but somewhere in the back of my mind, I knew he was going to kiss me. I didn't know why or how, I just knew that he was.

I felt his soft lips press to mine and I was as still as a statue, shock, lust, and nervousness all flooding my body at once.

I shot up from the dream, my heart pounding as I tried to catch my breath. Chris' arms were around me, and he was staring at me in confusion. He had shaken me awake, I realized with a jolt. 

"Babe, we're here. We're in LA," he said as I finally came fully back to the present. 

"Chris...," I said softly, still feeling shocked. I can't believe I dreamed about the first time we had ever kissed, back in his classroom when I was still just crushing on him.