A Proposition

Magnus stared down at the papers before him without really seeing them. He could hear Camille through the wall. She was giggling in that horribly flirty way she did when she was teasing. It made Magnus's stomach turn to the point where he might actually throw up. The woman had absolutely no tact whatsoever! She'd dumped him on Monday and here they were on Thursday afternoon, and she was making out with her Russian underwear model up against his office door. Magnus was of half a mind to storm out and punch them both in the face.

"Stupid assault charges," Magnus grumbled to himself. It was more than a little foolish to assault someone in a crowded office full of lawyers, even if they were all in family law.

As he continued to overhear them being all happy and flirty on the other side of the wall, Magnus seriously considered doing it anyway. After all, he did know a good lawyer or two that could get him out any serious trouble. In this one case, it might be worth the fines.

With a groan, Magnus set aside his work. He wasn't getting anything else done today and he knew it. Magnus got out his phone and texted his friend Catarina. She worked at the hospital just down the street from his office, and they often met up for lunch. They would have probably car pooled into work together if nurses didn't work such crazy hours. Personally Magnus preferred his nine to five over her insane shifts. After exchanging a few texts with her he learned that today was going to be one of those rare days when her shift ended with his. It seemed she was also off at five o'clock and wanted to hang out.

Just then, the sound of his office door opening made him look up. The site that greeted Magnus made him wish he was still looking down at his phone. There stood his unnaturally blonde ex girlfriend looking way too hot to be allowed, and her new boy toy looking just as attractive if not more so. It wasn't fair.

"What do you want Camille?" Magnus groaned.

"Don't look so gloomy," she grinned at him. "I have a proposition for you."

"We have a proposition for you," her model corrected her in his ridiculous accent.

"You can't have my parking spot," Magnus said tonelessly.

Camille laughed, her girlish giggle that had once made him smile, but now it just made him sick. She was looking at him like she was about to give him a great gift. Those deep green eyes staring right through him.

"As I know you go both ways," she smiled at him. "And Anton is curious, we thought we'd invite you to join us one night." The inflection of her voice left no doubt as to her meaning. Camille was inviting him to have a threeway with her and the guy she'd dumped him for. Magnus's desire to punch her increased ten fold, and he was quite possibly more nauseous than before.

"As much fun as that sounds," Magnus said sharply, trying to hold back the anger. "I don't think my boyfriend would be happy about it."

"Oh, I did not realize you were seeing someone," Camille replied, her smile all fake. He could tell once again by her voice that she hated the idea of him being with someone else. The jealousy in her voice was obvious, and yet it made no sense! Why then had the crazy bitch dumped him!?

"Oh, ah yeah," Magnus continued, reveling in her distaste. "He's very possessive. Sorry. I'm taken."

"I must meet this man," Camille declared.

"He's shy," Magnus decided.

"No matter," Camille counted. "I must see him."

"I'll ask," Magnus tried to keep his cover going. "But I doubt it will come to anything."

"I'm so happy for you," Camille said, once again all sweetness, but Magnus could sense an underlying annoyance. She was in no way happy for him.

"Thanks," Magnus said awkwardly. He was hoping they'd leave, but instead they just stood there in his office... not leaving.