Chapter Six: A Knock at the Door

(f/b/g):Favorite Book Genre

[POV: Omniscient]

(Y/n) sat next to Albert, the two had their arms wrapped around each other. (Y/n)'s crying had calmed to sniffles, and her chest filled with an unknown, yet familiar, feeling.

They had been sitting like that for about ten minutes now, frozen and hugging. It was Albert who broke the silence, saying, "You okay now?" (Y/n) nodded. The two pulled away, their faces a blush mess. Albert got up and put his shirt back on, (Y/n) just sitting on the bed, staring in the opposite direction. She had been thinking about that dream, or memory, whatever it was, all night. Albert tossed her a maroon-colored towel, saying quietly, "Why don't you go shower? We can talk about what's wrong after we're all cleaned up." (Y/n) didn't reply. She was lost in her thoughts. "Aura?"

(Y/n) snapped back into reality and looked at Albert, who was standing awkwardly beside the bed. "Don't call me that. Call me (Y/n)."

Albert simply nodded. He felt confused as to why (Y/n) would change her name, but shrugged it off. He showed her to the bathroom and left her to do her business.

In the shower, (Y/n) never used shampoo or conditioner before. When she saw the bottles, she was confused. At first, she thought it was some sort of food. She tasted a bit, and immediately spat it out. She looked at the back and read the directions. She mentally face-palmed.

After her shower, the young girl placed back on the clothing she had worn for the longest time, since he had no other clothing with her. She looked in the mirror and found how messy her hair looked. She liked to look presentable, so searched the drawers for a brush. Luckily, she found one, but it took what felt like ages to take out all the tangles. Soon, her (h/l) (h/c) transformed from a tangled mess to a neat, yet casual, look. Though she looked pretty, she hated the way she looked. To her, she looked ugly. She had low confidence and self-esteem.

When she exited the bathroom, (Y/n) wandered into the living room, where Albert was inspecting books from the bookshelf that blocked the front door. She quietly walks up behind him and said casually, "I didn't know you liked reading."

Albert jumped and spun around, meeting (Y/n)'s face. He cleared his throat and replied, "Oh! Uhh, yeah! I've always been a reader!" He chuckled nervously and leaned on the bookshelf, keeping himself up with one hand. His other hand rested on his hip. "W-what are you into?" He asked, almost slipping off of the bookcase.

(Y/n) chuckled quietly. "I'm into books that include (f/b/g)." She handed Albert a dry towel and gave him a small friendly smile.

"O-oh! (f/b/g)! I love books with that kinda stuff, too!" Albert exclaimed, giving her a nervous smile. He made his way towards the bathroom, then turned back and said, "Oh, I forgot to mention, if you're hungry, there's canned fruits in the cabinet. Whoever lives here must love canned fruit, because there's tons of that stuff in there," and not even a second later, the door closed and the shower turned on.

(Y/n) made her way to the kitchen cabinets, grabbing canned cherries and a fork from a random drawer nearby. She opened the can with whatever strength she had and began eating slowly, savoring each sweet bite she took.

Then she heard footsteps in the hallway, which made their way into the kitchen, and ended right beside her. (Y/n) cautiously swallowed her food and spun around, threatening whoever was beside her with her fork.

"W-Woah, woah, woah! Calm down, Aura!" SELOZAR said, backing away a few steps. (Y/n) flinched at the name.

"Its (Y/n)," she said, stabbing another cherry with her fork. She turned to walk towards the couch, thinking to SELOZAR, not like you'd know. (Y/n) felt bad for being rude to the male, but she hated her name. It reminded her of AloneTraveler, who had broken every bit of her.

"S-Sorry," SELOZAR said, "w-where's Albert?" He watched the girl sit in the couch, hesitantly sitting down next to her.

"Shower," (Y/n) replied, her mouth full of cherries.

Meanwhile, Albert exited the bathroom, wearing his previous clothing, and walked into the bedroom. He threw the towel on the ground and started looking through the drawers, hoping to find useful items of clothing or blankets for their trip out of there.

While moving around robes and nightgowns, he found his hands upon a red scarf, carefully knitted with black X's on both sides. Albert's thoughts moved to (Y/n). He closed the drawer, holding onto the scarf, and reaching for a black duffel bag he had seen in the corner of the room.

He entered the living room to find (Y/n) speaking with SELOZAR, something about their favorite books. The girl chuckled, then stole SELOZAR's hat, placing it on her head, leaving a puzzled man next to her. Albert sat for a moment, admiring (Y/n)'s wet, (h/c) hair glistening in the light. He smiled slightly, then approached the two.

"Here, (Y/n), I found it in the bedroom, and I t-thought you might like it!" Albert said happily, handing the girl the red scarf, who just stared at it confusingly. "Here, you put it on like this to keep your neck warm," he said, wrapping it around (Y/n)'s neck.

SELOZAR felt that he should be productive, so he got up and headed into the bathroom to shower. Albert sat next to the girl, watching her puzzled reaction at the scarf. "Th-Thanks, Albert," (Y/n) said, smiling slightly at the man who sat next to her.

"No problem!" Albert grinned. He stood up and headed towards the kitchen, opening the cabinets which held the bottled water and canned fruits. He began tossing both resources into the duffel bag.

(Y/n) studied the man, examining his looks and features. She quickly looked away with a heated face when she realized Albert glaring back, his smile widening.

(Y/n) felt odd, and examined this new feeling. But before she could embrace the good feeling, there was a knock at the door, causing the girl to snap back into reality and her instincts to kick in.

The presence she felt was familiar as she tiptoed closer to the front door, which was blocked by the bookcase. She pressed her ear to the bookcase, hoping to hear something, anything, to tell her who or what was there.

But what she didn't expect was to hear a laugh.

A familiar laugh.