Kidnapped

Date: Unknown. Possibly February 1-3

The hook-handed man found us in the library. We were stuffed into the car and the Baudelaires almost rescued us. Klaus now has the other half of the spyglass that got dropped out the window. I hope he understood what I shouted. I shouted V. F. D as loud as I could. Then, the hook-handed man pulled me back into the car (I was leaning out the window) and knocked me out. I assume he did the same to Duncan. Now, we (Duncan and I) are at the bottom of an elevator shaft in a cage that is a bit too small for two triplets. Duncan and I are miserable, we have no idea how many days have passed, no light comes here. I cried for a while and Duncan tried to comfort me. It helped a lot, having someone to hug. Seriously, hugs are underrated. It made me feel so much better to hug Duncan. I do hope the Baudelaires can find us, I hate this cage, and Count Olaf is so awful. He climbs down a rope ladder occasionally to talk to us, but mostly to tell us that he'll get our fortune then kill us. He even showed us "The knife he'll use to do it." I totally understand why the Baudelaires hate him so much. He's such a creep. He came down once with his hair gelled up and sunglasses on. He said he was pretending to be "Gunther", a foreigner, and was staying with the Squalors so as to keep an eye on the Baudelaires. That means they're near, and possibly at the top of the elevator.

Date: Unknown

I hate this place.

Date: Unknown

At least Duncan's here. I wish Quigley was here too. Today I screamed for Violet, Klaus and Sunny as loud as I could, hoping they'd hear me. 'Gunther' came down and told me if I didn't shut it he'd kill me now and use Duncan to get our sapphires. Duncan threw himself against the bars and tried to get to him, yelling that he'd kill him for saying that to me. By now we're both covered in grime and my hair has never been more knotted. I really hope the Baudelaires get here soon to rescue us.

Date: Unknown

On Auction day when the sun goes down

Gunther will sneak us out of town

Date: Unknown

The Baudelaires came down the elevator shaft in a homemade Hot-Air Balloon. I'm guessing Klaus found out we were in the elevator and Violet built the balloon. They rushed over to the cage and told us they'd get us out.I told them that Gunther is going to sneak us out of town on auction day. They said he won't, they're going to rescue us.  

Date: Unknown

Count Olaf opened our cage today

He knows the Baudelaires found where we stay

He's moving us inside an ugly red herring

I wonder how Violet, Klaus, and Sunny are faring?

Count Olaf tied the herring on top of the car, I think, because we can hear the engine's noise below us, and feel the bumps of the road. I hope the Baudelaires find us and get us out before Count Olaf gets us killed, or worse!

Date: March 7

We were moved in the red herring today

Bumping and turning and moving away

From the one place the Baudelaires knew that we were

We also met Esmé, oh how I hate her

Date: March 8

Duncan did something very brave today. He scratched his initials, D.Q into the side of the herring, and below it, Violet's, V.B, and a little + sign between them. He really does like Violet! I knew it!