Chapter 1

Makarov groaned in frustration as he glared at the towering pile of paperwork taking over his desk. It had started to litter around the carpet and Makarov knew it was getting out of control. He knew exactly what the cause of this was. Team Natsu was famously the most destructive team he had ever seen formed in Fairy Tail. They couldn't just go one mission without destroying something that wasn't theirs. It was a couple broken windows, or a few broken walls, even a street of houses destroyed each time. This time, Makarov was at his limit. He didn't know if he could undergo another dreaded second of filling out the same long, tedious forms every time team Natsu did something wrong. He needed to come up with a plan and quick. Grimacing at the taunting stacks of paper, he moved them to the side, sending another pile to scatter across the floor. The guild master took a plain piece of paper from his desk drawer and found a pen amongst the chaos on his desk. Giddy and excited, Makarov started planning, letting out his mischievous side. He wasn't going to spare any sympathy for the team. If anything, they should have seen this coming from day one.

His master plan was to split up the group and place them into other existing teams in the guild. Already having an idea on where to place them, Makarov wrote it down in case he forgot. He decided to place Natsu in with Wakaba and Macao. The two older men would be sure to teach Natsu on how to control himself and help him learn a few things about maturing and being a man. If that didn't work, Makarov took comfort in the fact that he couldn't cause as much destruction by himself. Next to place was Gray. The elderly guild master had thought for a moment before he decided on making Gray join Bisca and Alzack's team. With a small child to take care of, he was sure that this decision would help Gray mature himself and help him learn to think of others. Asuka seemed to get on well with all of the guild members so Makarov knew that at least she wouldn't have a problem with the new addition to their small team.

Erza was a tricky one to place but in the end, he chose to move the "Titania" to team Shadow Gear. Levy, Jet and Droy were a strong team but with Erza, they could be even better. Levy would be sure to help Erza learn a few things about teamwork and putting other people's feelings into consideration. Perhaps Erza would be able to teach the petite blue haired girl as well as her two admirers a lesson on confidence in return. Finally, he turned his mind to Lucy. She was the least destructive on the team and gave Makarov the least problems. There was only one team that he wanted to put Lucy in. The Thunder God Tribe may not be too happy about their new addition to the team but it was going to happen wether they liked it or not. Makarov knew that Lucy could teach his grandson a thing or two about family. The four mages had never really tried to fit in with the rest of the guild, even after they had been forgiven by Fairy Tail after Laxus' excommunication. He knew that Lucy would be able to make them feel like part of the guild again. The guild master had also hoped for something to happen between the bubbly blonde and his stubborn grandson. This was the moment that Makarov knew he should stop talking to Mira so much. Now he was starting to think like her and here he was trying to matchmake his own grandchild.

Nevertheless, his decision was final and there was no time like the present to put his plan into action. He took his piece of paper and walked out of his office and onto the small podium built into the first floor for announcements. Clearing his throat, he tried to get the guild's attention. When that failed, he glared down at his rowdy guild and shouted, "Excuse me!" Makarov calmed down and smiled when everyone turned to face him. He looked down at everyone, "Thank you. Now I have an announcement to make. You all know how much I hate paperwork but the council is forcing me to actually complete it all or I could lose the guild." There were small murmurs and gasps scattered through the crowd but Makarov continued. "Due to this, I wanted to make my life easier. We all know that Fairy Tail is known for it's rowdiness but there is one team in particular that is most destructive." He paused and glanced down at Team Natsu. Only Lucy figured out what he was leading up to and had the decency to look embarrassed. "The infamous Team Natsu shall be no more! I am splitting you up and you will join the other existing teams in the guild."

Erza, Gray and Lucy sat shocked while Natsu was jumping out of anger and shouting at the guild master. Makarov silenced him by using his magic to make his arm grow and slam the pink haired man to the ground. There was silence once more and Makarov cleared his throat, "As I was saying, you will all be split up. These teams will not be changed until I have seen changes in each and every one of you." He turned to direct his attention onto team Natsu, "Erza, you will be the newest member of team Shadow Gear." Both Jet and Droy's faces dropped and they cowered together in the corner from the idea of Erza joining their team. Levy, on the other hand, looked rather excited to have her long-time friend join her team. After Erza moved to sit with Levy, Jet and Droy, Makarov continued, "Gray, you will be joining Bisca and Alzack on their missions and anything they do as a team." Although the couple were shocked, they wouldn't mind having Gray join their small team. If anything, it was helping them out quite a bit. Gray nodded and headed over to the couple, where he was instantly greeted by Asuka. He would have to learn to control his stripping habit if he was going to be around a child most of the time.

"Natsu, you're going to be with Wakaba and Macao for the time being." The two older men had been laughing away in their corner when they heard Makarov tell them that Natsu was going to be going them. Wakaba face palmed while Macao gulped, "Are you sure that's a good idea, Master?" The two men weren't sure if they would be able to handle Natsu with all of his energy and his need to destroy everything in sight. Not to mention, whoever had Natsu would also be getting Happy too. Those two together could be quite annoying. Unfortunately for Wakaba and Macao, Makarov was unwilling to change his mind, "I'm sorry gentlemen but this must be done. If Natsu wants to have his old team back, he better start showing me some changes." Most eyes turned to Lucy as they realised that she was the last one to be chosen. Lucy was terrified, she hadn't really worked with anyone other than team Natsu in the guild. If she had been placed in Levy's team then she would've been fine. Makarov sent Lucy a mischievous grin as he announced, "Lucy will be the newest member of... the Thunder God Tribe."

Terrified, Lucy looked up at where the team sat then back at Makarov. She timidly asked, "Are you sure that's right? It doesn't say a different team perhaps?" The guild master shook his head and turned to Laxus. He only smiled at the mixtures of glares and shocked faces he saw from them. "Treat her well, she's all yours." Happy with his changes, Makarov stepped down from his podium and headed back into his office with a small skip in his step. Should anyone have heard him after he closed his door, they would've thought him to be mad with the way he was giggling to himself. He only hoped that his plan was going to work and not make everything ten times worse than how it was at the moment. Lucy could only sit in a blend of shock and fear. She wasn't afraid of the Thunder God Tribe as people, she was just scared that they were going to hate her and make her life a living hell. When Lucy looked up at the Thunder God Tribe, she saw all of them staring down at her. She felt like an ant under a magnifying glass with the intensity of their gazes. The most intense of them all coming from their leader. Lucy didn't know if she was going to be able to handle this.