Six hours later, Derek woke up to the sound of someone in the room. He slowly opened his eyes and allow it adjust to the brightness of the room.

It did not take long for him to feel the presence of someone in the bedroom with him. Someone who was chuckling.

He quickly turned to the direction of the sound to meet Dozie, his best friend on the other side of the bed, watching a movie with his headphones plugged.

He was surprised and tapped him. Dozie chuckled, paused the movie and removed the headphones. "Doctor Derek Onoja, why do you look like you've seen a ghost?" he asked.

Derek pushed the bed sheets that had clung to him aside. "when did you come in?" he asked.

Dozie pressed his lips into a thin line and pretended to think. "I think about one hour ago." he replied, checking his wristwatch. "I met you snoring and did not want to wake you up."

"Snoring," Derek chuckled. "You and I both know I don't snore."

Dozie raised his hands in agreement.

"Wait, is that my laptop?" Derek asked.

"Yes of course." Dozie replied. "I had to get busy because I did not want to die of boredom."

Derek shook his head and sighed. Typical Dozie.

Everyone knew that Derek and Dozie had been friends right from their high school days till now. They attended the same church and served in the maintenance unit.

"The Dee." Dozie hailed. "The Dee my guy."

Derek folded his arms and stared at him. "What do you want?" he asked.

"Do you have any food in this house?" Dozie asked rummaging the room with his gaze. "I'm hungry."

"Check the kitchen. My father told me there was egusi soup."

"Egusi soup?" Dozie nearly screamed. "Now bro, that's what we're talking about." he replied and darted from the room.

Derek giggled and looked into the laptop. Dozie had been watching Avengers endgame.

Minutes later, Dozie came in with two plates of soup and eba and two bottles of chilled water. He washed his hands in the bathroom sink, sat down and begin to eat.

Derek joined him.

"How is school treating you?" Dozie asked.

"Med school is tasking but the Lord is my strength." Derek replied with a sigh.

The room became silent and the movie played. Dozie shut down the laptop with his left hand. "This food is so delicious, who cooked abeg?" Dozie asked

Derek shrugged. "My father says there's a new housekeeper, he says she cooks well."

"Very well." Dozie complimented. "Is this your new housekeeper available to cook for me?" Dozie asked rhetorically.

"Ask Ronke to cook and bring for you." Derek replied.

Dozie guffawed. "Why do I feel attacked?"

Derek smiled.

"I can't wait to be coming to good homemade meals like this. I am tired of ordering meals." he said.

Derek snickered. "That would mean you'll be marrying for food."

Dozie stopped eating and looked at him.

"What?" Derek asked puzzled. "Why are you looking at me?"

"Please tell me you have a woman in your life now"