Chapter Eleven

I spit the blood that had welled up in my mouth at the Sun God. 

"You're not getting my powers. I can't even use them, what makes you think you can? Or that I even have them?"

He gripped my chin, smiling when I winced. "Because I could see that my dear sister had been connected to you when I met you. And because I can feel her magic still around you even though I broke that connection. You're definitely hiding the powers I need, and I'm gonna get them."

His fingers dug into my cheeks and I groaned at the pressure. It felt like my skull was being crushed from his grip. My arms jerked as I struggled to get his hand off of me. I was able to swing my knee up enough to nail him in the thigh.

He dropped my face as he recoiled. I grinned at him. "Did I manage to actually dead leg a god?"

Snarling, he shot his hand forward and I saw some light swirl out from his hand. And then the pain came. I screamed and looked down, seeing a sword of fire sticking out of my stomach. As I looked back up, he made the sword disappear and sneered.

"And I just roasted a pest. Don't worry, it won't kill you. It cauterized the wound immediately. I know how to keep you alive, until you're not needed anymore."

Tears poured out of my eyes at the pain in my stomach. I slumped against the wall, my knees giving out. "You're not even sure... if you can take them..." I gasped out. "That's why... you haven't... killed me."

His jaw ticked and I knew the answer. "So what? I've got plenty of time to figure it out. You're all alone, the silver in those chains prevent you from contacting your mate, and since I teleported us here, he doesn't have a clue on where to start looking. I've got all the time in the world."

"Unless... I die.."

His hand wound back and a fist drove into my fresh wound. I let out a bloodcurdling scream, and spat more blood in his face. He wiped it away and then back handed me across the face. "You won't die unless it becomes the only option. I'm getting those powers, one way or another."

He turned and left, the door slamming behind him. My attention turned over to Brandon and Felicity, standing over a table they had brought in. They were whispering so I couldn't hear, but based on what I knew of them, I figured it was a way to torture me. To see if the powers they want from me will come out. 

It's been... I actually don't know. Probably about a month, if I had to guess. And this was my daily routine now. Torture, "talk" with the Sun God about my powers, more torture, and sleep. every couple of days, they hose me down because they don't like my smell. I'm guessing that's their way of letting me shower.

My clothes were mere rags at this point and I couldn't care less anymore. All I want is to survive, to escape, and modesty isn't gonna get me anywhere in that department. I wish I could say that I've gotten somewhere with that weird water power, but despite the fact that Felicity convinced them to bring in water to see if it would react during torture, nothing has happened. 

Eventually the whispering stopped, and I raised my eyes to see that Brandon was walking towards me with a key.

Wait, a key?!

He must've seen my eyes fix on the key in his hands, because he laughed coldly and put it into his back pocket. "As if I would let my guard down enough to let you even attempt it. Don't worry though, you are getting out of these chains."

Felicity tossed him some rope, which he caught with one hand and then turned back to me. He quickly unwound it and then pinned me down, tying my ankles together, and then my wrists. Once he was sure I was immobilized, he reached into his front pocket and pulled out a silver bracelet.