24. Confrontation

Hi there! Back with the update.

It's a bit shorter than my usual chapters. Will lengthen the chapters after this one!

Moving on... 💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

(Words in braces) - Phone conversations

Chapter 24 - Confrontation

Parvati opened the door to find Sujata
waiting there, Sanskar right beside her. She let them in. After all, it was she who invited them.

She led them to her room and closed the door behind her.

Sanskar sat on the chair, looking confused. "So? Would someone tell me why you both have become best friends all of a sudden? It can't be only your common vamp attitudes."

"If it wasn't for Sujata, I would throw you out!" Parvati gritted out.

"I'm sorry for his sarcasm. It's a bad habit that doesn't leave." Sujata pacified. "So tell me. What have you decided?"

"About what Maa?"

"I had a deal with her. About your marriage to Ragini."

Sanskar's eyes widened in shock. "What?!"

"Beta, I can't see you suffer anymore. You're so bent on revenge, I rarely see your smile. But...but it all changed with Ragini by your side. And I know you like her. Don't even try to deny." Sanskar looked down, unable to refute her. "That's why, I'm asking her hand in marriage to you. Parvati Ji, what do you think? Like I said. Sanskar loves her. And he is Maheshwari with one share of the entire property in his name. She will never know poverty or mediacore with Sanskar as her husband. She'll eat, sleep and live with enough money to last her grandsons!"

All of this indeed effected her Dadi's opinion. After all, she wanted Ragini's life to be a comfortable one with a husband that loves her. "Oi. You aren't playing with her heart, are you boy?!"

Sanskar stood up. "I hate her. That's true." Parvati was about to speak, but Sanskar put up a hand. "I'm not done. I hate her, yes. But it's because she managed to create a place in my heart which was filled with revenge. I didn't care about anything but revenge. However, the small place that she occupied grew and grew until...until it pushed my revenge to the side. I didn't realize she mattered this much to me until her life was in danger."

Parvati kept looking at him with suspicion. Finally, she sighed. "I've lived enough to know when a person is lying. And you seem to be saying your words from your heart. Then..."

"Then?" Sujata asked with hope.

"Then let it be. I'll agree to this marriage. But first!" she glared at Sanskar. "You need to find a way to reveal that you're okay and not a lunatic. I won't bear people saying I married my Ladoo to a lunatic!"

"I'll ta-"

"MAA!"

All three of them got alert hearing Shramishtha's shout.