4. Cries That go Unheard

You know, I've noticed one thing. Ragsan seems to be more popular than Raglak this season. 😉

Anyways, Moving on! 💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

(Words in braces) - Telephone conversations

Chapter 4 - Cries That go Unheard

"We've decided to break off our engagement." Ragini and Laksh spoke in unison.

Their parents gasped, as well as the rest of the family members of both of their families. Swara was bewildered. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. 'After all the convincing that I and Maa did, Ragini still decided to break off her engagement? Doesn't Ragini realize she is giving up her own happiness!?'

However, if she would have paid more attention to her own emotions, she would have realized that although she felt miffed that Ragini didn't listen to her, she didn't feel any sorrow that Ragini was losing her love. She was more concerned about Ragini disagreeing to her wish, considering the fact that Ragini always did what others wanted.

 She was more concerned about Ragini disagreeing to her wish, considering the fact that Ragini always did what others wanted

"Ladoo? Ladoo what are you saying?! You must be joking!?" Parvati turned to look at Laksh with a glare. "You! You are the one responsible for this, aren't you!? You told her to do this, didn't you wild wretch!?"

"Mind your language Parvati! Your granddaughter has her own brain to think on her own. She can take her own decisions." Durgaprasad shouted back.

"After that day you took Ragini to the beach, she has been behaving odd since then. You must have told her something!" Shekhar shouted in anger.

Adarsh stepped forward. "I respect you Shekhar ji, but please don't blame my brother. I know my brother well. He wouldn't do anything to hurt her in anyway." He would have spoken more if it wasn't for Parineeta holding him back.

Annapurna and Shramishtha remained silent. They both knew Laksh's truth, but kept quiet for the sake of his safety. Dida and Swara didn't know what to say, bewildered by Ragini's decision. Sanskar, on the other hand, was frustrated by the turn of events. Nothing was working in his favour. He went away towards his room, unnoticed by anyone. Well, that's what he thought. If he would have paid more attention, he would have seen his mother following him.

Ram moved ahead and stood beside Ragini and Laksh. "Please, stop it all of you. Let us listen to the two of them first and ask them why they took this decision before arguing like kids." Everyone quietened down at his voice and turned to look at Ragini and Laksh.

Laksh gave Ragini the first chance to speak. "Dadi, Laksh isn't the one who made me take the decision. It was my own. I...I finally realized my dream, my passion. I want to sing Dadi. I want to become a singer."