18.Trouble Magnet

Sorry for delaying the fic for so long. But I needed sometime to sort out the plot a bit. Will try to be regular with the updates.

Also, I wonder why there can be 400 readers but less than 100 votes. It would be really encouraging if the votes increase. It also boosts our confidence that, yeah the plot's going good and we should update more often.

Moving on...

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

Chapter 18 - Trouble Magnet

"So? Where are we going?"

"To the place where all ladies love to go. I plan to impress you with all the beauty there!"

Ragini was a bit amused by his words and couldn't help but smile. "Okie. But I still don't get it."

Ratan smiled a charmingly at her

Ratan smiled a charmingly at her. "To the mall dear. Where else? You women love to doll up, don't you. Tell you what? You can buy any dress you like. I'll pay for it." he promised with his chin raised high. He brushed his hair with closed eyes and a content smile, all the while humming to himself. 'Don't I look just like a Greek sculpture of beauty!? Oh, Ragini is so lucky that I've chosen her to be my bride. So very lucky.'

Ragini, on the other hand could feel her anger rising at his words. 'Doll up? Does he think all we care about is makeup and accessories?! He think he can make me his by offering me material things, does he?! Well, I'm no commodity for him to buy with barter.' she huffed. "Look Ratan. You really have a narrow perspective of women."

"Oh, don't worry my dear. I've been acquainted with many ladies. I've courted lots of them. I know what ladies like and what they do not." h smiled at her. "But Ragini, my queen... none have stolen my heart like you. It is like you have stolen my heart with your smile. Oh, Ragini, my evergreen cherry blossom..."

Ragini sighed mentally as he went on and on with his exaggerations. 'What would it take to shut him up?!' she looked out of the window and put a hand to her chin in boredom. 'I wonder what's going on in the Maheshwari mansion. I don't want to intrude in matters anymore but...but I can't help but worry what Sanskar might be plotting now. Also...' a small blush appeared on her cheeks as she thoughts back on the letter. 'What did he mean that he would make me his again? He's determined to win back my heart. Only if he knew that it was always his, and always will be. But...but I don't want to be hurt...not again. He lost my trust on him and I'm content to live with this unrequited love as it is. After all, most true love stories always do end unhappy.'

"We're here, my darling."

"Please refrain from calling me such endearing names. It makes me uncomfortable." Ragini uttered. She herself was a bit shocked as to how assertive she was being. 'I've really changed, haven't I? Can't say I don't like it though.'