3. Perfect Gentleman

"So," Johnny said, pushing himself up on one arm and giving Harry a dangerous smile, "what's the story."

It was difficult to miss that Johnny's eyes were on his wedding ring. Harry had spent over an hour giving Johnny the best massage he knew how and they had been lying on the bed cuddling for a while. Johnny seemed to be a very tactile person and Harry wasn't complaining, even if he knew it couldn't lead anywhere.

"Long and complicated," he replied and twisted the ring a little.

"It's not as if we have anywhere to be, Honey," Johnny came back almost instantly.

Harry didn't talk much about his personal life with anyone outside the family, but he liked Johnny. He was also aware that Johnny was very unlikely to ever repeat anything he heard. Before flying out, he had researched all the American ice skaters and he knew quite a lot about all of them.

"Schooldays romance," Harry said and smiled fondly to himself.

Those had been some crazy times.

"Separated?" Johnny asked gently.

"Nope," Harry replied and gave Johnny his full attention, "very happily married actually, we have three children. When I told her about you, she made me promise to let her know if figure skaters were as flexible in bed as on the ice."

Johnny appeared shocked and Harry wasn't really surprised; his and Ginny's relationship was not exactly conventional.

"When did you have a chance to tell her about me?" Johnny asked, eyes wide in surprise.

"About ten minutes after I first saw you," Harry admitted with a grin. "Even policemen are allowed to have goals."

That drew a genuine laugh out of his companion.

"So, an open marriage then?" Johnny did not seem to be able to curb his curiosity.

"Sort of," Harry replied with a shrug, "like I said, it's complicated."

The way Johnny was looking at him, Harry knew he was not going to get away with that.

"Okay," he said with a smile, "Ginny, that's my wife, and I fell in love when I was sixteen and she was fifteen. It was a difficult time and it gave us this kind of unbreakable bond. Unfortunately, when we came to the part where we actually had sex it did nothing for either of us."

"Really?" Johnny asked, he sounded fascinated.

"Not a thing."

It had possibly been the most awkward sexual experience of Harry's life; he remembered it very clearly.

"We were a bit worried for a while, but I have this friend who knows everything about everything, and she figured it all out," he continued, since he was now into the explaining so deep there was no backing out. "Most awkward conversation known to man, but Hermione knew her stuff. Ginny doesn't really like sex. She likes the touching and the cuddling, but it's about the companionship for her; she doesn't get aroused. Given that I was under the impression I was straight at the time, I assumed I was the same and that's why we had been drawn together. We loved each other, we both wanted a family, so after school we got married anyway."

"Awww, that's so romantic," Johnny said and Harry could almost see the hearts in Johnny's eyes.

"It wasn't long after that Ginny noticed what had completely escaped me."

"Girls do nothing for you, but boys are an entirely different matter?" Johnny guessed.

Harry smiled to himself. "Precisely."