"He can put you in WITSEC."

"No. He can put you in WITSEC. I'm not stupid, Richard. If I do this, I'm as good as dead."

A knock on my door sent my pulse soaring. Lorenzo had probably bugged my apartment and now he was going to off me.

I slowly made my way to the door and cautiously opened it. Giovanni looked at me like I was insane when I breathed a sigh of relief. I probably appeared frazzled and sleep deprived, which I was.

Relief was quickly followed by rage at the man that had fooled me into falling for him. I had been perfectly happy just sleeping with him and he had to push for more.

I pulled the door open all the way and crossed my arms.

"What do you want?" I demanded.

"What got into you?" He shot back. He glanced behind me at Richard and understanding crossed his eyes. "You told her?"

"She needed to know," Richard said.

"Can we talk about this inside?" He asked, returning his attention to me.

"I'm not talking to you at all."

"Aria-"

"You lied to me for almost a year. I don't want anything to do with you."

"I understand why you're mad," he started.

"You don't understand shit, Gio!"

"Not out here," he said firmly.

His large hand wrapped around my arm and moved me to the side. He closed the door behind, but didn't make any move to go further into my apartment.

"I couldn't tell you."

"I'm well aware, but you didn't have to start a fucking relationship with me."

"I know," he conceded. "It happened and by the time it turned into more, I couldn't stop it."

"You could have stopped it at any time."

"Do you really want to do this in front of your brother?"

I turned to see Richard watching the interaction closely. I didn't want him to bear witness to my personal life, but what was I going to do? He came to me because he was terrified that Lorenzo knew. If I sent him out on the streets, he could have been killed.

"You're the reason he's here anyway," I accused. "If you hadn't convinced him to inform on Lorenzo, his life wouldn't be in danger."

The deadpan look on his face was enough. In true Richard fashion, my brother hadn't told me a major detail.

"I didn't come here for you, Aria. I came here because your brother ghosted the agent he was supposed to meet up with."

"What?"

"He knew his deal was about to be pulled and that's why he's here trying to get you to roll on Lorenzo."

"Why the hell would it matter what I did?"

"He relapsed and you're a reliable witness that can back his claims."

I ran a hand through my hair and sat on a bar stool.

"So if I don't testify the prosecutor will pull his deal and Lorenzo will kill him?"

"I can't say what Lorenzo will do to him, but you can't testify."

"Why not?"

"Because you don't have a deal on the table. Besides, you won't be able to practice medicine if you go into WITSEC."