𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

This was the last straw.

Taymor's last straw.

He couldn't help the lingering negative feeling in the pit of his stomach, letting out a couple of shaky breaths at the different scenarios playing in his head. He kept drilling holes into the piece of paper that he so badly wanted to light on fire.

A piece of paper that he just wanted to rip to pieces and smile at the aftermath, knowing he wouldn't have to deal with it. But, oh no, this piece of paper was quite important and if he didn't take action immediately, he would have to deal with the consequences.

An eviction notice.

Taymor sat on the couch in the living room of his small apartment complex, pulling at his hair in frustration. He couldn't help letting out shaky breaths at the fine print written on the somewhat warm, freshly-printed paper.

It was the daily reminder, telling him per usual that he was to get evicted if he didn't pay his rent money. But, this was Taymor's last warning and the milk-chocolate skinned boy couldn't help but stress out.

He also couldn't help the slight anger that welled up in him, since the nice landlord decided to pay him a visit earlier. Basically, yelling at the Taymor to pay his nine hundred dollars or he was to be "kicked out on his high-tailed ass".

Oh, Taymor did have a job.

A very, shitty one at that.

Working at a fast food restaurant on minimum wage didn't and wasn't going to help him in the long run. Anyone and everyone knew that type of income wasn't really going to cut it unless you were living under your parents' roof, looking to make a little income. But in this case, Taymor lives by himself and was struggling.

Taymor's phone began going off beside him and he was having an internal battle with himself, wondering whether he wanted to answer it or not. He took a glance at it and noticed Jamell's caller ID on the screen and reached for it, answering immediately.

"Hello—"

"My senses are tingling and something's telling me you're stressing out right na'. Go 'head and tell me and don't say it's nothin' either." Jamell spoke up, cutting Taymor off mid-sentence.

Taymor usually forgot how observant his bestfriend since childhood was and it could be pretty freaky sometimes. Usually, whenever Taymor's in a bad mood, Jamell either calls him up or visits, expecting an explanation on why he felt the way he felt.

Taymor knew he couldn't hide anything from Jamell so he let out a couple of shaky breaths to prevent himself from crying and began to speak.

"I got another e-eviction notice today but this is the final warning." after those certain words came out, tears began to run down Taymor's face and he let out quiet sobs, "I d-don't know what to do, M-melly. I only have a week to pay this off!"

Jamell gently shushed the younger boy, feeling his heart break into little pieces. He knew leaving a suggestion to Taymor that he was free to stay with him, wouldn't really help because Taymor would flat out refuse.

Jamell knew how prideful his bestfriend was and how much he didn't like to be a burden on anybody, so he took note of that and never treated him like a charity case. Taymor only wanted to do things by himself because, sometimes, relying on people isn't always the best.

He went to get a job himself, acquired a living arrangement that wasn't as satisfactory as he wanted but beneficial, and food to eat. Now, it's as if the money he's been earning isn't enough to pay off the money owed.

A sudden idea ran through Jamell's head as he took a quick glance at the clock sitting on his bedside table and turned back to his phone.

"Aye, put me FaceTime real quick."