Chapter 3

After breakfast , where we had all eaten to our satisfaction, we moved to the living room while my mum and sophia cleared the dinning table, moving the dirty dishes to the dish washer and cleaning the table. It's a tradition in our home to share all informations together in the presence of everyone, so my dad went through the daily newspaper while we waited for my mum and junior sister so we could see what was in the brown envelope.

So meanwhile Ace is telling me about this hot chick he met yesterday at the opening of an art gallery, an event his dad insisted he attended. That's the difference with Ace and i, he's a flirt and no skirt passes before him unnoticed while i am the relationship kind of person, I respect the feelings of the girl i love. I have had one serious relationship till now and my first love was Aleid Van Djik, Ace's junior sister and Sophia's best friend. Our relationship was a well known one, it was even printed on the Daily Newspaper in town with a huge title "COUPLE OF THE YEAR" so cheesy. I really loved her but she left me, she took a  part of me away living me empty. The pain i feel , the emotions that were lost in our own bubble as i thought,the trauma i had to overcome is one that i can never forget. That's when i knew that love is not for everyone. Ace tapped me on my leg pulling me away from my thoughts, "Come on, man. You zoned out again, you need to get yourself checked. Mum and sophia are here".

  "So, Ace bought in this envelope from the mail this morning, so I will open it and see what's inside. Claudia, take a seat next to me"my dad says to my mum. My dad opened the envelope and took out the envelope which contained a letter, which he took and read it silently with my mum. In the course of reading the letter, my parents looked up at me and smiled which i returned meaning whatsoever is in that letter should be great news.

  "Jason, Sophia and Ace, we have good news to announce to you" my dad says as he looks over to my mum nodding his head as a sign of permission  for her to speak.
"Jason, you have made us very proud as always and we are so glad to have you amongst us" my mum says as panic sets in at the pit of my stomach. "Mum, i am more panicked then excited you know" I say with a forced laugh,my eyebrows knitted in confusion, my right eye began to twitch, the sweat beads forming on my forehead are getting noticeable. "Just chill man, you good." Ace says calming me down abit.

"Alright, alright" my mum says laughing " you have recieved a scholarship from one of the most prestigious universities in New york" my mum says clapping her hands in excitement. "But h..how?" I ask stammering not finding the words. My dad ooks at me confused while my mum snaps out of her wxcired state, Ace on the other hand looks neutral not really affected along with sophia making me to wonder what the hell is going on here. " Didn't you apply for a scholarship into that school?" my dad questions. "No dad, i didn't. Why will i apply for a scholarship in the middle of the semester?".  Everyone looks confused including me but Sophia and Ace still look neutral.

"Everyone is confused apart from you two" he says pointing over at both Ace and Sophia. "Will one of you bother to explain what is going on?" I say getting annoyed with the situation. Sophia looks down at her shoe while playing with the hem of her dress, something she does when scared.

"I did apply for the scholarship" Ace says as he stands from where he sat on the sofa.
I look over at Sophia who widens her eyes and finally speaks up from beside the door where she stood.
"No i did it, Ace just helped me in preparing the documents and the procedures in sending the documents."