Fun in the Seventies

[Chapter Two]

I arrived at the address to find it was an abandoned lot. Everyone minus Stein and Jefferson were waiting already.

Sara glared at me when she saw me but I could tell she was also surprised and nervous I showed up.

"Hello!" Raymond said to me cheerfully and I locked eyes with him. He held my gaze before he looked away, uncomfortable and afraid. I smirked when I saw Stein pull up in a silver car with a passed out Jax in the passenger seat.

Ray went to go stand by Sara and I saw them look at me and then whisper to each other. But I don't care about what they think about me. I am who I am.

"Professor!" Leonard called as he and Rory walked up to Stein's car.

"I think we're being punked. Do people still say 'punked'?" Ray asked.

"No," Sara replied bluntly.

"I see your buddy threw himself a going-away party," Mick stated at the passed-out half of Firestorm.

"Yes, I believe he drank something that didn't quite agree with him," Stein explained, trying to cover up that he obviously drugged Jax to bring him on this joy-ride. I studied each person in turn. Kendra had her arms crossed and an angry look on her face.

"You don't look too happy to be here," Leonard said to her and that made her roll her eyes.

"Perceptive," Kendra retorted, annoyed.

"Well, I see you've all decided to come. Well then, let's be on our way," Rip said.

"I ain't footing it anywhere," Leonard said, crossing his arms.

"A Time Master's sacred charge is to do no harm to the timeline. Can you imagine what a timeship would look like in, say Victorian England?" Rip asked, pulling out a remote.

"Holographic indigenous camouflage projection,' Stein said amazed. Ugg... I didn't think this was going to be a science trip.

"Indeed," Rip confirmed and the ship revealed itself to us.

"It's called the Waverider. It's been my ship for over a decade. Shall we?" Rip asked, leading the way.

Sara and Ray rushed to be in front of me and Leonard was behind me. I hear in the distance Stein asking Mick to bring in unconscious Jax.

"I'm surprised you came," Leonard said and I just shrug him off. "Looks like a lot of people don't trust you."

"No one trusts you either Snart," I reply, saying my first words this morning.

"I consider myself to be a very broad-minded individual but this is a lot to take in," Leonard murmurs, mostly to himself as we walked through the timeship.

I can feel so much foreign electricity that is not like normal 2016 city lights. It was stronger and filled me with slight joy and energy.

We enter a large room with seats and a pilots chair. Mick dumped Jax in one of the seats.

"Whatever you roofied him with, I'd like some," Mick said to Stein.

"I did not roofie him," Stein said firmly.

"Oh, I ain't judging," Mick said.

Stein walked away from Mick. "How does a vessel of this size function without a crew?" Stein asked Rip.

"I don't need one. I have Gideon," Rip explained as a hologram face appeared above the only table in the room.

"Welcome aboard. I am Gideon, an interactive artificial consciousness programmed to operate this vessel's critical systems and aid Captain Hunter in his mission," Gideon explained.