FOURTY-FOUR

USTULATION; CHAPTER FOURTY-FOUR

AFTER SEEING JOCELYN, Nico immediately left the institute, leaving Ava and Henry with his beloved boyfriends, as he ventured to find his brother, or his father, to get some answers.

Nico pulled out the ring Valentine gave him, and rubbed it slightly with his index finger, as he glanced around the streets of New York. Nico thought about where Valentine would set up his base, which would be where he couldn't be tracked – over water seemed best, since he remembered Magnus mentioning that he couldn't track someone over water.

This prompted Nico to head to the East River, which would be less obvious than the Hudson River, so Nico just decided to walk to it, cause he didn't have his wallet on him, as he left it with Ava and Henry.

A hour or so later, Nico arrived at the East River, which had a large boat sitting at rest on the river's surface, and he just knew that his father and brother were on it. As he took a step forward, a hand wrapped itself around his upper arm and yanked him backwards.

Nico's dark brown eyes turned to land on the person who's hand laid upon his upper arm. Lucifer again. Rage flooded Nico's system, as his eyes flickered to black and back again. Nico glanced at his hands, noticing Lucifer was holding the arm his injured hand was attached to.

Nico swung his uninjured hand at Lucifer's face, forcing the devil to let go of his arm as he recoiled backwards as Nico's punch connected with his cheek. Lucifer's eyes turned red, as he glared down at the blond in front of him. "Nicholas, you're making a mistake-" Lucifer growled, as if the blond man would listen to him or anyone else at anytime.

"I don't think I am." Nico spat at Lucifer, who let out an inhuman growl, which made Nico tense slightly before he threw another punch at the devil, who just took it and swung a punch of the blond, sending Nico staggering backwards as blood dripped from his nose, as Nico wiped the blood from his nose before swinging several more punches that Lucifer just took as he didn't look affected by the punches, and just surged forward to shove Nico against the wall.

Lucifer growled, "you imbecile. Just how ignorant could you be? Nicholas, you're a father now and you abandoned your son to search for your own father, who stabbed you not that long ago. I'm not letting you ruin your life and your son's life, because of one ignorant decision." Nico just chuckled, as more blood dripped from his nose.

Lucifer sighed, tightening his grip on Nico's shoulders as he took them both to hell, to find someone who would talk some sense into Nico, which was hard to do since Nico was a little headstrong at times, and despite his nonchalant attitude, he tended to be a little arrogant when he set his mind on something and tended not to give up on it so finding someone who would talk any sense into him but thankfully, Lucifer knew two people who were capable of that job.

When the two arrived in hell's throne room, Lucifer barked at a demon, making a request that Nico didn't bother listening to, as he tried to swing another punch at Lucifer but wasn't able to with the man gripping his shoulders tightly, so Nico decided to just head butt the man.

Lucifer only glared at him in response as Lilith and Jonathan walked into the throne room. Lilith sighed as her eyes took in the state of her surrogate son, who didn't even look bothered by where he was, apart from his usual annoyed attitude.

"Nicholas, what have you done now?" Lilith asked with a sigh, as her dark eyes scanned the blond's form, and she could practically see the rage rolling off of Nico in waves.

Nico huffed, "why does everyone always think I've done something?"

Jonathan snorted, "Nico. You're a magnet for trouble. I mean, it's not your fault or anything but it is in fact the truth." Nico's eyebrows furrowed in frustration, but didn't know what to say since he only had rude remarks to make but knew he shouldn't.

Lilith's gaze hardened, "Nicholas." Nico winced, as his dark gaze dropped to the ground. Seeing that she wouldn't get any answers from him, Lilith turned her gaze onto the devil himself, "did you punched Nicholas in the face?"

Lucifer shrugged with a cruel smirk, "he deserved it. Nicholas initiated the situation as he grew angrier and angrier and decided to attack me. I thought it fitting to dish out some punishment to the little shit."

Nico snarled a little, shocking himself and the other three occupants in the room, since it was rather reminiscent of a demon. Nico's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "what's happening to me?"

Jonathan sighed, pity flooding his system as Nico's face scrunched up in confusion and frustration as he didn't have a clue what was happening to him. Nico turned his gaze down to his arms as his veins pulsed and he could practically see his black blood rushing through his veins on his forearms.

Lucifer edged closer, taking Nico's injured hand in a slightly harsh grip as he yanked him closer to take a closer look at it. Lucifer sighed, "and so the prophecy foretold."

Nico stiffened at the mention of the prophecy, "I should go back to Ava and Henry, yeah, I should just go."

Before anyone else was able to say anything in response, a man in a black suit appeared before them and smiled lightly, as the demons and Nico gave the man a strange look whilst Lucifer only glared at the man. "That isn't such a good idea," the man spoke in a gentle but powerful voice.

Nico hummed in acknowledgment, as the man walked over to him. "Who are you?" Nico asked, as he spared a glance at Lucifer, who shook his head as a warning that he probably should take but as always Nico ignored him.

The man in black merely smiled lightly, "I've gone by many names over the years–"

"–oh don't start. Just tell Nicholas the truth." Lucifer spat at the man, who merely rolled his brown eyes and turned back to Nico, who was still gazing at him with a question forming in his eyes.

"You may know me simply as God." Nico's eyes widened and he glanced back and forth between Lucifer and God, before backing away slightly, hoping neither of them noticed.

"Oh for fuck's sake, why does this shit always happen to me?"

+ + +

This is the end. Yes, the ending leaves it open for a sequel, which is thankfully on its way soon enough.

Thanks for the support. Feedback is appreciated.