Chapter 18 Recovery

Start from the beginning

I hugged her with my head to comfort her and tell her I wasn't in any pain.

"Katelyn I'm finished and she's going to be fine" Hiccup explained to Katie and she pulls away.

I looked away from Katie and saw Shannon and Lisa making their way over to us.

Lisa's eyes widened in panic when she saw her parents with us.

"Mom Dad what are you doing here?" she asked panicked

"We've come to see if Jade's ok, we heard what happened" Ashley said to her daughter and gesturing to me

"When did you..?" She stuttered confused.

"Katelyn told us before you guys left to try and find her" she replied smiling grimly down at me.

Lisa nodded her head and turned her head back to me, relived that their ok with me being half dragon.

I looked up at the girls as they joined Katelyn on the floor and leant up against me.

They hugged my head and settled down beside Katelyn just as Lisa's parents spoke up.

"Lis we'll meet you at home later" Ashley said as they both left.

I looked up at Hiccup before whipping my tail around quickly and hearing Lisa grunt.

"Thanks Jade" She said with a sarcastic tone of voice.

Hiccup and the girls started laughing after realising I tripped her up with my tail. I joined in, making a strange sound as I laughed (just like the laugh toothless does at the beginning of HTTYD 2)

Hiccup started laughing harder when that noise came out of my mouth.

"Jade, what was that?" he laughed as he sat down next to me and Astrid started laughing as well.

I semi shrugged my shoulders and stopped laughing when I saw Toothless come running in the door.

I tensed up after remembering what I did to him that day. Hiccup and the girls saw me tense up. Hiccup noticed that I was uncomfortable.

"Toothless now is really not the best time bud" Hiccup said placing his hand on my side to try and smooth me.

Toothless showed no signs of moving though.

"Toothless boy come on Hiccup's busy right now" Astrid said as she led the dragon out.

I placed my head down on the floor next to Hiccup feeling guilty as hell and closed my eyes.

"Jade?" Hiccup asked after a few moments

I let out a long sigh to tell him I wasn't in the mood to talk about what happened that day, I mean I nearly killed my niece, my sister-in-law, my best friends and my brothers best friend.

"Jade?" he asked again and I opened my eyes and looked up at him.

"It wasn't your fault and you should keep beating yourself up about it" he said scratching me under the chin.

"Hiccup?" Katelyn asked

He turned around the face her as I kept my head on the floor.

"Are you able to fix Jade's wing?" She asks and he stand up to take a look at it.

I feel him touching near the torn parts on my wing, it didn't hurt until he brushed his hand over a sensitive part of my wing, making me roar out in pain.

Katelyn jumped and jerked back from the noise.

I looked back at her as to say sorry for scaring her. She smiled and nodded before coming up and cradling my head in her arms.

"Sorry Jade, I didn't think" Hiccup apologized and I nodded my head at him.

"It's an easy fix but her leg is not as good, that could take weeks to heal but she will have to stay as a dragon until her wing has healed so I can keep an eyes on it" He explained.

I looked back at the damage to my wing and saw why Katie was so concerned about it, it was a mess my whole wing had huge gashes through it. I winced before turning back to my brother and laying my head back down on the floor.

Hiccup smiled glumly at me, I could tell he was worried about me.

My head then suddenly shot up when my mother and father walked into the stables, oh crap now I'm dead.

"Jade, the girls and I are going to give you a minute with your family" Katelyn whispered to me.

I nodded and they hurried out the stables greeting my parents and they went past.

Mom and dad walked up to Hiccup with confused looks on their faces.

"Hiccup where's Jade dear?" Mom asked before they both see me on the ground.

"You're looking at her" he said and they both widened their eyes in shock.

Thanks for that Hiccup.

I laid my head back down on the floor and closed my eyes to avoid the humiliation.

I then heard footsteps approach and drop down in front on me. I kept my eyes closed to avoid the rejection from my family.

I then felt someone pick up my head and cradle it on their lap.

I opened my eyes and saw it was my mother who had knelt down.

"How did this happen?" Dad asked Hiccup.

"I'm not sure but I only found out a few months ago" He explained as mom ran her fingers over my head and looked at my injuries.

"Is she's going to be ok?" Mom asked Hiccup.

He nods and kneels down next to mom.

"Her wing won't take long but her leg could take weeks" he said

Mom shook her head and hugged me as Hiccup and dad placed a hand on either one of her shoulders.

I let out a worried warble at my mother and her head shot up.

I looked at both of my parents as they cracked a smile at me, which I returned.

I then heard arguing just outside the stables. I looked past my family and saw it was Katelyn and Shannon who were fighting.

"Why don't you just say it then? Say that it's my fault that Jade went missing and is now hurt!" I heard Katelyn yell at Shannon which shocked me.

I let out a shocked warble and looked at Hiccup who nodded and walked outside to split them up.

I couldn't hear what they were saying because they were now talking quietly but I do see Shannon say something to Katelyn and Katie run off in tears.

I then know that this is all happening because of me, I am breaking all my friends apart.

I placed my head back on mom's lap and start tearing up.

Hiccup returned back and saw I am in tears. he took my head off mom's lap and placed it on his own.

"Mom Dad, can I have a minute alone with Jade please" he asked and they nodded their head before leaving.

"Jade it isn't your fault that they are all fighting" he tried to reason with me but I am far beyond that point.

"Katelyn is just upset at the moment because she is fragile because of what has happened to you" he added and I nod before pulling my head closer to his chest.

I felt him chuckle and I felt into a worried sleep about my friends.

hi guys just one more update after this one so enjoy let me know what you thought.

Luv ya dragon riders

Tia