Ch. 263 and Ch. 264

Start from the beginning

However, Chu Lian had seen the state of He Sanlang's injuries with her own eyes. It had been an extremely frightening experience with his leg a bloody mess at the time, and that was why she reacted immediately when He Sanlang mentioned that his wounds hurt.

He Sanlang suddenly felt guilty upon seeing how panicked Chu Lian was over him. He wanted to reach out to hold her still and stop her frantic movements.

However, Chu Lian couldn't rest easy until she inspected his wounds personally. In the modern world, there were many cases where external wounds would fester and become inflamed if they weren't taken care of properly. If that happened to He Changdi, the result would be even worse than the original state of his injuries.

Chu Lian pushed away He Sanlang's hand and puffed up her cheeks. She threw a glare in He Changdi's direction with an angry huff. "Don't you dare move, or your wounds might be affected!"

Although Chu Lian had been going for a fierce tone, her voice was naturally soft and charming. Even though she tried to harden her stance, there wasn't a single threatening bone in her. Instead, He Changdi felt warm inside. He wanted to pull the angry little kitten in front of him into his arms for a nice round of snuggles and pets.

It was only then that He Sanlang finally realised he wasn't going to win over his stubborn wife when she was on a roll. Thus, with a resigned smile, he laid back against the headboard and let her do as he wished.

The wound on He Changdi's right leg was on the inner part of his thigh. Actually, it was very dangerous to have a wound there as it was close to a major artery. Any cuts could easily cause extreme blood loss and death.

Lucky for He Sanlang, he had somehow escaped that fate- the wound hadn't gotten close to his artery. Right now, he was only dressed in a pair of really short pants to make it easier to change the bandages every day. The pants were so short that they only covered the most important parts of his lower body.

Once Chu Lian had gotten the blanket out of the way, she was met with the sight of He Sanlang's muscled thigh all covered in bandages.

She glanced at him and said, "Bear with it for a while, I'm going to remove the bandages and check on your wound."

Before He Sanlang could give his assent, she had already started to untie the bandages.

The corners of He Changdi's lips twitched. How were her movements so fast?

He watched Chu Lian's serious expression as she went about her task. Although his features were still locked in their usual cool mien, there was warmth welling up from deep inside his heart.

It had been a long time since he had experienced being cared for like this.

Chu Lian's fingers were nimble, and she quickly but carefully took off the bandages covering He Sanlang's leg.

She looked at the wound on his knee first and found that the wound had already scabbed over. The surrounding skin was also clean and dry, so there was nothing wrong with it.

Chu Lian frowned and traced the wound upwards. She started checking on the injuries on He Sanlang's inner thigh.

Since He Sanlang couldn't move his leg right now, Chu Lian had no choice but to move into another position and climb onto the bed. She kneeled on the inner side of the bed while bending over to take a good look at the wound.

He Changdi hadn't thought much of her inspection at first, but her unintentional pose made his thoughts run wild. His gaze flitted downwards, only to see her fair little face near a very important part of his body...