Chapter 39: twist and turns

Start from the beginning

Mom got her and we went inside, I kept thinking about Lilly kept singing.

'Get along with the voices inside of my head'

What does that mean?! Ugh! Why is life so hard on her she only 15! "Johnny!" mom called for my I ran into the room they were in "yeah?" I asked. "She okay I think she just needs some rest" mom told me I saw that Lilly was asleep in the bed. "Oh okay guess I'll just go to friends house then" I said I didn't really want go that much I wanted to stay here, with Lilly.

"Okay and be careful" she kissed my forehead "bye mom" I waved "bye" she waved back and I walked to the Curtis brothers house. I hope they ask about Lilly, I don't think I could say it again without going into another fit of tears.

I walked in to find the whole gang there (Not Kathy she not apart of the gang... yet). "Hey johnnycake" Jade said smiling at me, I kind of forgot to ask Jade to be my girl when I was going to ask her someone pushed her to me and our lips kind of met and we didn't pull apart in till we went to the Bull show.

"Hey guys" I didn't sound happy I wanted to fake it so then maybe they won't ask about Lilly but I knew they would anyways. "So where lil?" Mini asked "oh umm well she....at home with my mom" I got that much out.

"Is she okay?" pony asked I just shook my head no. "What happen?" Bella asked. "I don't really want talk about it" I said pulling my legs closer to my chest they didn't ask anything else which was good. But I know they really wanted to know what happen to lil and if she okay. I think she okay I just hope so.

Time passed and I went back home to see if lil was okay I knew dad wouldn't be home anytime soon so she should be okay on beatings. I walked in I saw she was crying into mom's chest "is she okay?" I asked "she had a nightmare, I think she needs you more then she needs me right now" mom voice was calm and soft it was nothing like the bitter voice I knew over the years.

She laid Lilly down and sat next to her, mom left the room. "How you doing flower?" I asked moving some hair out of her face. "Flower? Flower die in Autumn time" she sang in a creepy tone "come on Lilly your scaring me, come on stop it" I begged.

"No, no more Lilly" she giggled "what does that even mean?!" I cried. I just started to sob I couldn't stand to see her like this. "Johnny?" she asked softy but I couldn't stop my crys "Johnny!" she yelled hugging me "Johnny what's wrong?!" she asked. What happen?

"Johnny your scaring me, why are you crying?" her voice was shaking and all I did was hug her. "Johnny please tell me what's wrong I hate to see you cry" she begged "I thought I lost you" I told her.

"Johnny you could never lose me now tell me what happen?" she asked again "we were playing and then...then I don't know what happen it was like you won't you" I had no idea how tell her.

"That doesn't really tell me anything" she said "you just kept singing get along with the voices inside of my head Lilly what voices were you hearing?" she sat up. "I don't remember any voices Johnny lets just put this whole thing behind us" I put her in a side hug.

"I think that would be best, and no telling the gang?" I asked "it would be for they're own good" she nodded. "Alright then let's just watch some TV" I said mom walked back in. "Are you feeling better Lilly?" she asked her "yeah I'm fine, thanks mom" I was happy Lilly started to warm up to mom.

Mom sat with us and we just watched tv together like one big happy family, if only dad could be more like mom then maybe, just maybe we be a real family.

Dad walked in "get that mistake off my couch" he said pointing to Lilly. She got up "to your room, now!" he yelled at her "yes sir" she ran to our room. "I swear Ben" mom said angrily throwing a piece of paper on the table.