Divination ~ Aeromancy

The metaphysical work of finding the truth & what the future beholds. 

Aeromancy

A form of divination using the element of Air.

Most methods of Aeromancy have been declared obscure and is a rarely used divination method. However, Europian Folklore still shows elements of Aeromancy and you can use these examples as a divination for your own.

// Observing the sky, particulairly Meteorological & Cosmic.

- Movement of Clouds

- Movement of the Wind

There are sub-types of this practice which are as follows: austromancy (wind divination), ceraunoscopy (observing and ), chaomancy (aerial vision), meteormancy, and nephomancy (cloud divination). 

In History, Albertus Magnus believed it was in connection with Necromancy (Ofcourse this was just a speculation with no further proof). Aeromancy was one of the seven "Forbidden" Arts in Renaissance Magick. 

______

- Bells, Ribbons and Wind vanes are used to discern the movements of the wind.

- The sound of grass in the wind is believed to carry many messages.

- Movements of smoke in bonfires & Candles also carry messages. For example: When the white candle smoke reaches your chin, the spell/divination will be about you.

_____

Some Gods & Deities associated with Aeromancy and Air-work.

- Tinia

- Adad

- Amun

- Aditi

- Agni

- Thor

- Zeus

- Vaya

- Perun