Thundercracker's spark fell, squirming uncomfortably in its casing. Damn Ravage to the pit! He followed Lana's scent from the cargo bay! How could he have been so stupid to miss that?

"I don't HAVE any contraband." he lied.

"Step outside Thundercracker." Soundwave flashed his visor, "Or I'll throw you out."

Thundercracker was torn. Soundwave would find Lana, no question there. Then he'd certainly find her enclosure. And if he found Lana he'd terminate her. He couldn't let him kill his pet. But...he was a Decepticon solider sworn to obey the faction leaders. To defend his pet would certainly go against the code of his brethren and brand him as weak; a death sentence among such vicious comrades.

Before Thundercracker could make much of a choice on the matter he was struck by a mainframe shaking vibration. He winced, lowering his head as Soundwave beat him down with his sound.

"Surrender the contraband."

"No..." Thundercracker hissed.

The blue Seeker's afterburners lit and suddenly he unleashed a sonic boom. Soundwave flew back through the door and hit the opposite wall of the corridor. Thundercracker stormed after him, wings and thrusters flaring against his back. Soundwave recovered quickly throwing his arms up and slamming Thundercracker with a massive audio pulse. The blue Seeker hit the wall, his metal ringing.

"Surrender the contraband." Soundwave demanded once again.

Thundercracker dropped low, swinging his leg around to knock Soundwave off of his feet, but the mech dodged it. Returning the attack Soundwave swung his leg and hit the Seeker in the shoulder. He followed through with a right hook to Thundercracker's helmet. Roaring, Thundercracker's fists whirled, slamming the masked face repeatedly.

The two fought until suddenly Soundwave slammed Thundercracker to the wall and grabbed the side of his helmet, inserting his metal probes. Stunned, the blue Seeker went limp as the telepath scanned his mainframe, selecting the information he sought.

"Get...out...of...my head." Thundercracker growled, trying to reboot his motor controls.

The probe only lasted a few brief moments before Soundwave released him, dropping the Seeker's body to the corridor floor. Thundercracker's motor relays were still sluggish as he pushed himself up.

"Contraband will be confiscated and brought to Megatron," the telepath hummed. "Ravage, eject. Operation: retrieve the human."

Flying gracefully out of his master's chest compartment, Ravage bounded into Thundercracker's quarters. In only a couple minutes Lana cried out and the metal panther returned, dragging the young woman by the back of her pants.

Thundercracker was on his hands and knees, still trying to regain motor control, "Give her back."

Ravage leaped straight off the ground and tossed his head, pitching Lana into Soundwave's awaiting hand.

The telepath gripped her and replied, "Request denied. Human is now confiscated."

With that, Soundwave walked away leaving Thundercracker alone.

...

Lana was so scared she could barely control herself as she was carried through the corridors by the faceless mech. His grip was too firm, almost crushing. She knew there was no escape. It had finally happened: Thundercracker got caught with her and now it seemed they would both pay the price. Part of her wanted to blame Thundercracker for being so foolish and selfish with her. But then again he was someone wounded by loneliness; logic didn't factor in.