An Infatuation Of The Heart

Toms' POV

This girl is so gullible. Tom thinks to himself as Victorie agrees to join him. He could tell by look in her eyes that she truly believed everything he said.

Now that he knows the truth about her Tom will have to do whatever it takes to make sure she doesn't succeed. But seeing how stupid Victorie is he doesn't think it will be a difficult task.

For one brief moment, Tom's feelings for Victorie were genuine. Those times they had kissed brought emotions to the surface that Tom didn't even know he had. And despite his best efforts to push them down he really wanted Victorie. He wanted her by his side, for real.

Reading her journal ruined all of this for him. Tom couldn't trust her anymore. For the first time in his life he felt hurt, betrayed almost.

"Come here, I want to show you something." He said leading Victorie into the boy's dorms. She looked highly reluctant but followed him anyway.

Tom pulled out a piece of parchment that was placed in a book. He handed it over to Victorie. "What is this?" She asked looking confused. "That, my darling, is a map to the wishing well."

Victories' POV

Was he serious? Victorie thought to herself. She looked down at the parchment. It didn't look like a map. It had markings on it that she had never seen before. "I've only figured out part of it so far, you can help me with the rest." Tom explained, but there's something off about him.

Victorie fakes a smile and nods. "What do you know about it so far?" She asked. "Only that it's going to be very hard to get to. This says that there 9 obstacles you must face. First, you have to travel through a forest of thorns until you reach the Lake of Aventhaw. But it's no ordinary lake. It's composed of blood instead of water.

You then swim down to the bottom where you find a cave, better known as Nightmare Cove. You are forced to face the thing you fear the most. If you fail at facing your fear, you die. But if you succeed then you move on. It's like a game. I haven't figured out what the rest are." Tom said.

Victorie is standing frozen, thinking back to the dream she had. "What's wrong?" He asked. Victorie debated whether or not to tell Tom about the dream she had but thought better of it. "Nothing, I'm just taking all of this in." She lied.

"Oh, okay. There's a book that I think might help us, it's in the restricted section though so we'll have to sneak in. That is if you want to come. I was planning on going to look for it tonight." He said. "Let's go." Victorie said with a smile.

Victorie and Tom walked down to the library in silence not wanting to be seen. They made it into the restricted section with no problem. Tom began looking through the selves, pulling books off and glancing at the pages before throwing them all aside.

This went on for several minutes until Tom finally came across the right book. "This is it." He told Victorie. "Get it and let's get out of here." Victorie told him. He places the book in his robes and follows Victorie out. They almost succeed in leaving unnoticed until she bumps into Professor Slughorn. Literally.

"Tom, Victorie, what are you two doing out of bed at this time? And in the restricted section." He says accusingly. "I- um...well we were just..." Victorie mumbled unsure of what to say. Luckily, Tom is very good at deception. "I wanted to show Torie a book I find fascinating. You know how I love these stories, Professor." Tom said with a smile. "Well it is rather nice to see you two getting along. Go on back to your chambers and don't make any other detours." Professor Slughorn told them.

They make their way out of the library and back to the Slytherin common room. "It's utterly embarrassing how you managed to fool me for so long, you cave under the smallest bit of pressure." Tom said almost comically. "It's late, I wasn't thinking properly." Victorie tells him defensively. Tom laughs. "Whatever you say."