Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Bo Peep's POV

 I've loved Woody ever since I first laid eyes on him. I know that sounds super cliche but it's true. In my mind, he's always been MY cowboy. I've dream of him and I venturing off into the Wild West together based off of a plot that Andy came up with in his young mind, in which I hoped it would end with him kissing me (whether it be on the cheek or the lips). I'm stunned that he chose me over his friends. Never did I think he would have made that decision. When I asked him why the sudden change of heart, he said "I couldn't live behind my favorite girl again." I literally jumped into his arms and closed my eyes, relishing the moment. 

     Having Woody by my side again is a dream come. Him and my new squad are getting along well too. Giggle McDimples constantly gushes about how attractive Woody is. I mean I can't blame her, the man is a charmer. I don't know how he chose me over everyone else. He's adored by so many but yet he chose me. That's a conundrum that I'll never be able to solve. I look at with Woody with all of the love I can muster right now. "So Woody, what's next? Do we follow the carnival to its next destination or branch off on our own?" He tips his hat playfully while looking down at me. "Why little miss, I say we branch off on our own. What about you?" I nod in agreement. "I second that."

       For now, we find a safe spot to rest for the night. It's been sprinkling rain off and on so it's best for us to stay uncover until morning. We need to be out of here because the groundskeepers begin packing up the carnival. The lights tinkle from outside of the tent we're sleeping in. I lay down on an extra soft patch of grass and Woody soon joins me. He lays down next to me and drapes an arm around me, pulling my body closer to his. The other toys with us giggle but give us our privacy when they realize how intimate of a moment this is. Before I drift off to sleep, I look Woody right in the eyes and say "I love you." He looks at me with so much warmth in his eyes that I could melt into a puddle right here and now. "I love you too Bo. Always have and always will." 

        The two of us drift off to sleep, having the most peaceful slumber we've had in years. It's amazing the world of difference it makes sleeping in the arms of your significant other rather than alone day in and day out. The sense of security I feel is unlike any other. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! I know it was a little short but it's a good lead in for what's to come.  :) -Mary