Chapter 2

After breakfast, I took Hideyoshi out to shopping downtown. I lived by myself, so there were no male clothes for him to wear. Except his original Japanese warlord kimono. Good thing was nobody else here judged, unlike in Asia. People here were passionate about themselves, and they respected others' rights to do the same. That was the one thing so great here - freedom.

However, considering how hot the summer was, I did not think keep wearing his original layered outfit would do him any good.

"What are those?" Hideyoshi pointed at a car passing by. It was a black one, might have been passing the speed limit a bit.

"That is a car. People here commute by driving, or by public transportation. Just like horses in your time."

"They move incredibly fast." He noted. "Wouldn't it be dangerous to ride in that?"

"Quite. People get into car accidents now and then." I replied, noticing how he was more concerned about safety. If it was Masamune, he would probably have jumped on top of a car by now. "Don't worry, we're taking a safer one. It's called a bus. The drivers are very careful, and there will be many people."

"Interesting. Your town is a lot different from Azuchi. The houses here are also weird, too."

"I wouldn't call it a town." I giggled. "This nation alone is already many times bigger than Japan already. From now on, be prepared to get mind-blown."

"Mind-blown?" Hideyoshi grimaced. "I don't think I like the sound of that."

I laughed at his reaction. Teasing him was fun, but the bus had arrived, so I tugged the sleeve of the confused Hideyoshi and pulled him on the bus.

"What is this notorious monster??"

Everyone on the bus turned around to look at us, as soon as Hideyoshi finished his question.

"Sshhh, it's just a vehicle." I whispered to him and turned to everyone else. "It's nothing, he's just too deep into his character."

The bus was crowded as always, and there were barely any seats left. So we stood, Hideyoshi next to me. Only then did I notice how tall he was. His chest was wide and firm, which blocked all of my view if I turned around, because I was only as tall as his shoulders.

"Is something the matter? You're not saying anything. You can sit down if you want, you don't have to stand up with me."

I glanced up, meeting the concerned look in his eyes.

"No, nothing is wrong." I hurriedly replied as the heat rushed to my face, realizing I had been staring for a while. "It's just a short ride. We are almost there."

Once the bus reached the Asian corner - a combination of Chinatown, Little Tokyo and even more, I led Hideyoshi to a clothing shop. I could have taken him to a normal American mall, but I wasn't so sure if Western fashion would suit a historical Japanese warlord. The other reason was I had always dreamt of seeing one of the IkeSen guys dressed in Korean oppa style.

Unsurprisingly, Hideyoshi looked good in any outfit he put on. I had to resist the urge to just pull my phone out and take several pictures of him, lest the staff be creeped out. In the end, I picked some simple shirt of black and white, and two other jackets. One of them was in green army color, and the other in blue navy khaki. I also picked up some pants, formal and informal, some emitted the aura of a good and caring big brother, but some others had rips and chains all over it. Hideyoshi seemed to have left the entire decision to me, as he nodded with every question I asked. He said these clothes were too revealing, and didn't look safe if someone else pointed a sword at him. I assured him that there would be no one here interested in doing that.