I. Indecisive

A month later Will dropped his last box in the middle of George's flat, waving goodbye to the movers with a generous tip to thank their help. Alex had already moved out completely a week prior but with the paperwork and Will's endless collection of gadgets, the brunette had to take his sweet time before he could finally replace - theoretically speaking of course, no one could fill the void that pastel phantasm had left behind- the younger boy.

"That's all, I think." The Geordie dusted off his hands on his pants after George offered to carry some of his things into his new bedroom.

The shorter of the duo stood leaning against the doorframe, eyeing the almost empty space.  Only a bedframe remained there, along with a vacant office desk, a new cardboard box pile and bags of clothes full and untouched. The place was in need of some serious decor but at least the wall paint wasn't chipped, damaged or anything like that.

"If you want help with unpacking-" The curly-haired boy moved his hand around in a circular motion gesturing to the mess on the floor.

Both boys were knackered by now, they'd been dealing with the manual work - they clearly weren't used to such a thing- that came with moving, throughout the whole day. Needless to say Will wasn't going to accept George's verbally unfinished proposal, that boy had done more than enough, which the tall man was rather than thankful for.

"I know where to find you." Will smiled back up at him from the ground where he situated himself in the meantime.

That's where he was going to sleep. Or on the couch - he hadn't decided yet.

"Okay." George mirrored his expression, the corners of his mouth lifted, genuineness shining through his features. "I'll be in my room then."

~
The situation was new. Sure the two hung out more than enough to almost conceive a distaste to each other but living together was different. Sharing a flat can put a friendship to a test and George was ready to conquer the obstacles. Or at least he thought he was ready since he had the upper hand here, having lived in the apartment prior, obviously making Will the new tenant. The latter tried to convince the younger lad to move instead of him but George didn't want to go back into a tower he'd been unfairly evacuated from before.

"I just love IKEA me." Will grinned rolling a trolley full off candles and other useless knickknacks the brunette had found amusing enough to purchase.

"I can tell." George murmured under his breath, glad they didn't need to buy a whole wardrobe or something bigger or else they would've had plenty more hours ahead of themselves at the furniture store.

Will either didn't hear his new roommate's tone or decided to ignore it and he already took off towards colourful bedsheets and pillowcases. His attention span was worse than a puppy's that could smell food in the distance, anyway.

"D' you know what? I think I might need new bedding, too."

George followed him to the hanging bedsheets, gently running his fingers down some of the fabrics he liked. He checked a few of the price tags as Will rummaged through the packaged pieces looking for the right size for his bed.

The dirty blonde placed a careful hand on the brunette's back to snap him out of his frantic search.

"You do realize you hadn't picked out a mattress yet, right?"

Will locked eyes with him, straightening his back to show that he'd shifted his whole attention onto George. He had to admit it though, his mate had a point.

"Since when did you become the rational one?" The Geordie chuckled and took a step back away from the shelves in front of them. "Seriously though, you're right. We should've started with that."

~
"I don't know, man. These both feel the same." Will sighed unable to decide between two mattresses that were reasonably priced and comfortable as well. "Try it with me."

"Wh-?" Before George could finish his question he was pulled down by his hips, almost falling onto his half-laying roommate.

Somehow he managed to land next to him, though - thankfully there was more than enough room on there since it was a king-size bed. Will scooted over and gestured for him to try the furniture piece out.

Good thing they decided to take this trip in the middle of a Wednesday when the majority of normal people were at work not (window)  shopping in IKEA, so their antics didn't attract unneeded attention.

George did as he was told in a slow tentative manner feeling the foamy texture of the mattress.

"I'd buy it." He hummed tossing and turning a little bit, making sure that his soles remained on the protective plastic layer.

Will practically jumped up from beside him extending an arm towards the smaller boy. "Alreet but you haven't tried the other one out yet."

"It's not like I'm the one who's going to use it."

Will only shrugged and bit back a snarky remark.

Too soon.

"What about this one?"

George walked over to where his friend was pointing. He tapped the comforter a little before he tested that mattress as well.

Will watched him, gaze fixated on George for a reaction that would help in his decision.

"This - hm, I don't know. Maybe the other one felt better."

Emerald irises blinked in question, arms crossed over his chest Will sat back down onto the first one. "You sure?"

George pulled out his phone to check the time, then rolled his eyes due to his discovery. They'd been there for three hours.

"I don't know and neither care, so just pick one. I could be editing right now or doing something more productive, like filming." He enlightened him, knowing well how Will was going to be able to take the hint and maybe speed up his choosing process.

"And I could be vlogging this whole thing if it weren't for your anonymity."

"Fuck off, you don't even do vlogs." George shot him a death-glare, scoffing before he turned away from the brunette.

"I could be... Hey, where are you going?"

"Take a wild guess, bud."
~
George's threat was enough for Will to quickly scribble down the chosen mattress' name and location in the store's part called marketplace and leave the department before he could lose sight of his friend.

They managed to pay for their things without further complications, they couldn't wait to get in line in the buffet and eat some meatballs and princess cakes. The food was mainly the reason why they actually left the flat instead of shopping online.

"You know you didn't have to come with me." Will remarked between two bites as he was seated accross from his new roommate. "But I'm glad you did."

George smiled at him from behind his coke that was 'fermented' from a drink machine and tasted some of the fizzy liquid. "I gotta admit that sometimes you are a handful. I obviously knew that but your indecisiveness was new."

Will shrugged and unintentionally pushed his lower lip out in a small pout, George darted his eyes away fast before his brain could catch up to his thoughts.

"I'm not indecisive, I just care about your opinion."

_______________________________________
Word count: 1225

I think I'll try to update every Sunday and Wednesday. We'll see how that'll go.