"I'm sorry," I repeated.

"Stop! Stop! Saying that! You're a jerk! You're-"

I grasped her wrist, squeezing it. I loved her, and I wanted her to be happy, even if it wasn't with me. She deserved to be, so I should have let go of her. But I couldn't. There was something inside of me that made me angry.

Then something hit me. I needed to stay calm, otherwise, I'd lose control of it. Stupid Vanisher.

The Vanished hadn't left me. I didn't want to scare Y/n, so the last time I had a freakout, we pretended it was all a dream; however, it affected Wu. It made him act strange.

I sighed. Control. Control it. Control control control.

"What're you doing? Get off of me!" Y/n struggled against my tight grasp, but I didn't let go. I wanted to, but I just couldn't. The Vanisher was hungry, and it wanted her. No. I wouldn't let it take her. It could devour me all it wanted but I will not let it deprive Y/n of the wonderful life she has ahead of her.

"I c-can't," I said, tears forming in my eyes.

"Lloyd! You're hurting me!"

My name. I barely remembered it. Wu gave me some strange remedy to help with what was going on, but it didn't help everything.

"Say it again..." I whispered, hoping that this time I would keep my name.

"Say what? Tell you to stay? I never said I wanted you to-"

"My name. Tell me my name."

"What?"

"I can't remember it."

"Oh please! Don't play that stupid game with me you piece of-"

"My name."

Y/n paused, her lips parting. She must have heard the anger in my voice. I could tell she was fearful. I had no intentions to scare her, but I just wanted to hear her say my name.

"Your name is...Lloyd."

I almost cried with how happy I was. "Thank you."

Y/n glared at me, her eyes holding a raging fire. "What? Are you playing dumb so that I pity you? Is this doing something that will break you? Like, I don't know, seeing your parents murdered right in front of you?"

"I'm not trying to play dumb...," I whispered, still clinging on to her arm. I shut my eyes, praying I didn't hurt her why it still had control over my body.

"Then what?"

"I'm trying to play safe...The more things I remember about myself, the more it feels threatened."

"It?"

As soon as she said that, I felt something rise up inside of me. Oh, God. I knew that if I was around her any longer, I'd hurt her. I wouldn't let that happen. I cared about her more than I have ever cared about anything in my entire life - maybe even more than my own family. I still loved them, of course, but at the moment, it was just her. The most beautiful girl in the entire universe couldn't even recognize the fact that she was absolutely stunning.

I can't explain how I feel because it's love, and love is impossible.

"Are you gonna answer me or what?" She paused for a moment. "What!? Can't speak? Why is it so easy for you to persuade the others to love you after they hate you when it's so hard for you to convince me to get to love you?"

I need her to go away. She needs to run. I don't care if her being here would lower my chances of dying from the power of the Vanisher, she deserves to keep living. I don't care, so I did what I had to do.

"I hate you," I yelled. "I hate you! You're such a bitch! You aren't good for anything and I hate you! You're worthless and you have no purpose in this world!"

She gasped softly, gently tugging her hand away from my grasp. I was finally able to let go, but she still wasn't out of the room. She needed to be out of the city by tonight. I can't hold it back any longer. She needs to go.

"You don't belong here! Go find someplace you do belong!" My own words stung my own heart. I didn't want her to feel this way, but I couldn't hurt her any further. "GET OUT! GET OUT OF THE ENTIRE DAMN CITY. YOU DON'T BELONG HERE!"

Y/n was weeping now, her face in her delicate hands. She bent over, holding her stomach and clutching her heart. "I hate you, Lloyd..."

I never wanted to say it, but I did. "I never hated anyone more. Even if I take this back, it's not true. I will always, always hate you, Y/n."

Y/n cried out, falling to the ground. "Go away! Please! I can't keep living like this! Get out!"

Fine. If she wasn't leaving, I would. Running out the window, I summoned my dragon and jumped off the ledge, landing on its back. The only sound was Y/n's weeps. I was glad I didn't make any sounds when I cried because if I did, my cries would definitely be louder than hers.

<><><>

I raced back to the Bounty as fast as I could, coughing up black blood. When I made it there, I told everyone exactly what was happening. Wu was concerned with what my mental snap could cause, so we settled on taking me out of the city and leaving me in a deserted area.

"Wait," I paused just as we were about to take off, "Where's Nya?"

As if she had heard her name called, she emerged from a door, holding Y/n.

Nay glanced up at me, shooting me the worst glare I had ever seen. She seemed angry, (the maddest I had ever seen her, actually) until she saw how dull I was. Nya raced up to me and we filled her in on what was happening, out voices a low whisper so Y/n wouldn't get worried.

After a few more moments of talking, Y/n pushed into our tiny little huddle. "Okay, what the fuck is going on?"

I looked at her. "Y/n, please, we don't have time for you."

"You know what? Make time! No one ever has time for me and that hurts! I get lonely sometimes! I mean, obviously you make time for Laura but-"

"Shut up."

"Don't tell me to shut up you arrogant little-"

She really, honestly, should have shut up. The thing inside of the boiled, rising to my throat.

Whatever happens, Y/n, I love you, and I'm sorry I didn't say it when I knew I did.