Chapter Three

Natural - Imagine Dragons

The cold air brushed against my arms, goosebumps running along my skin. The sun was beginning to set, turning the sky into a purple color that melted into a gentle gold. I shivered, holding my arms close. Wu walked beside me at a surprisingly fast rate for an old man. I breathed in the fresh air.

"So....you said there was something...special about me?" I asked, rubbing my arms. Wu nodded, gripping his staff in one hand and stuffing the other hand behind his back, remaining silent.

"Are you....going to tell me what's wrong with me?"

Wu nodded before looking up. I followed his gaze to the tiny twinkles in the sky. What was so important about them? Weren't we supposed to be talking about how I was so 'special'?

"I know you're probably thinking," he began, " 'what's so important about these stars? Why should we be looking up at them when we should be discussing how special I am?' "

Well, duh.

Wu sighed and stopped walking, turning towards me. I mimicked his movements. I inhaled, crossing my arms over my chest and rolling my e/c eyes, annoyed at how calm he seemed. I was calm right now, for sure, but I wasn't that calm. I still was quite eager to know what happened during the battle.

"Listen," I said, "I don't intend to be staying on a flying ship for very long, so if you could just tell me what happened, I just...I wannna know, please."

Wu sighed, taking a seat on the deck. He just sat there, staring at me. "Um, I'd, uh, like to know -" he interupted me.

"Of course." Wu replied. I let out a frustrated groan, rolling my eyes and sitting down beside him. He began to speak without looking at me. "I just have to let you know, you're not the only special one aboard this ship."

"Yes, of course I know that." I snorted.

Wu looked at me. "Tell me what happened."

"I thought Spikey told you already."

He chuckled at the name I gave Kai before becoming calm again. "I need to hear it from your perspective."

So I told him everything, starting from when I was recording the fight on my phone to when I was being attacked by freaking flying  glass. Wu nodded. I told him about what I felt when I touched The Green Ninja, and then what happened after.

"So, yeah." I breathed. "That's what happened -"

"Then I was like weeeeoooo and the Lloyd came and saved me. But dude, I swear to the First Spinjitzu Master I was just like crashing down and I was getting ready to die -"

"Yes, Jay. We get it. This is, like, the tenth time you've told us."

Male voices. I feel like I recognized the one that just spoke.

"Actually, Cole,"

Cole. I recognized Cole's voice. Who was Cole though?

"Jay has only told us eight times." Another voice said bluntly.

Footsteps came rushing up the stairs along with the rough laughter of teenage boys. The boys made it up to the deck, where Wu and I were, and I recognized them right away, mask or no mask. They were the ninja. I could just tell by their eyes and their outfits.

One ninja in particular caught my eye. He had shaggy blonde hair and seemed to constantly wear a genuine, mischevious smirk. Was that the -

"Holy shit." I spat out, my mouth gaining it's own mind. The five ninja's turned towards me, their jaws dropping in surprise.