Insanity

Charleston Academy is a school known for its disciplined and respectable students. Aria and Eirin are only two of the thosands of students who wanted to study at the Academy. Charleston academy is their dream school since they were children.

They've been childhood friends and best friends since primary school. They trust and admire each other.
That's how they are until they entered Charleston Academy. Contrary to their belief, the peaceful and disciplined school was actually a farce. It is actually a school for rich kids that are spoiled which the parents wanted to discipline. The Academy was full of troublesome juveniles and crawling with strict teachers.

At first, the two best friends didn't mind the situation inside their school but after three months their life started to change.

Aria adapted to the school's rules and atmosphere and easily became popular and admired by many. On the other hand, Eirin became the laughing stock. She was shy and timid which made her a prey for bullies. Being a good friend that she is, Eirin didn't tell anything to her friend. She wanted Aria to enjoy her school activities.

"Hey! The nerd is here!" a loud shout can be heard across the hallway. The students started whispering and pointing at Eirin as she passed by. A couple of girls snickers and boys throws crumpled paper at her. she hastened her steps until she suddenly stopped.

That's weird, I couldn't feel their gazes anymore. Eirin thought.

She slowly looked back but she realized her mistake as soon as she felt freezing water on her face as two boys dropped a bucket of water on her. She immediately willed her tears to stop before running away.

***

After changing to her PE shirt, she quickly run towards her next class. When she reached the room, Aria immediately caught her.

"Eirin!" she looked towards the one who called her.

"Where did you go? Why are you late?" she just smiled at her friend before shrugging.

"I overslept." Eirin simply said.

"Then why didn't you told me? You always say these things to me." Eirin looked at her friend wishing that Aria will notice her pale complexion and wet hair but nothing.

She really wanted to tell Aria that the whole school bullies her but she didn't want her to worry.

"Don't worry, it's just my monthly mood swings." she said.

Aria seemed satisfied with her answer and simply shrugged before going to her friends. Eirin looked behind her to find her best friend laughing and having fun with her friend's new friends.

She thought that Aria and her friendship will last forever. That Aria will always be there for her.

***

The next months became worst and she rarely sees Aria.

"Are you alright, Eirin?" Aria asked her friend, one day, after nit meeting eacb other for almost a month.

By then, Eirin is already on the verge of breaking into tears. She wants to tell her friend everything but no words will come out of her mouth. She just smiled, a fake one, and hoped that her friend will notice the emptiness in her eyes. But as if there's a frosted glass between them Aria didn't gave any hint of understanding. eirin doesn't know if Aria didn't really notice or she's also pretending that everything's alright.

"Okay, if nothing's wrong, I'll go now. My friends are waiting for me. We have a huge project and we really want to do our best." Aria said before walking away.