you like heerrrrr

requested by FES2016

~tobin pov~

we had a public practice today so i was making sure i'm focused and playing my best. don't ask why, i guess i'm just self  conscious that if i slow down my game, people will think i'm not that great of a player. kind of stupid, i know. eh, whatever.

once we're allowed on the field, i make sure i have everything i need and hurry to start warming up. when i'm in the middle of practicing my foot work, i hear group of girls screaming my name, grabbing my attention. when i look up, i then see them squeal and wave. but what really caught my attention was the girl in the middle. sure, she smiled and waved, but i saw the glint in her eyes when she was admiring how her friends were so happy. i waved back, staring at her, which earned me a few more squeals. after i chuckled from seeing her friends pat her on her shoulders from me acknowledging her, i went back to what i was doing but with more effort. 

throughout practice, i couldn't stop thinking about the girl. whatever chance i got, i would look up in her direction to see her already looking at me. it would make me blush every time. i did it once more, but this time abby noticed.

"tobitoooo," she called out. i gave her a raised eyebrow. "who you looking at?"

"no one, wambach," i rolled my eyes, trying to hide my red cheeks.

"oh, please! you're totally checking out that girl!" she yells a little too loud.

"i noticed that, too!" shannon directs towards us.

"same!" allie says. oh no, not harry.

"you guys are annoying," i respond.

"what's going on?" sydney asked, walking towards us beside abby number two.

"nothing," i grown.

"nuh uuhhhh. little tobin here has a crush!"  abby counters.

"she's finally gonna get a girlfriend!" harry yells, excitement evident in her tone. before i could speak, wambach comes up to me and pulls me into a bear hug.

"hell yeah she is! and they're gonna hug," she starts.

"and kissss," shannon continues, hugging allie.

"and loveeeee," dahlkemper exclaims, hugging sydney from behind.

"you guys are such kids," i say, trying to make my way out of abby's arms. but she only squeezes harder. "ow!"

"we're just stating the truth," she says

"we're just stating the truth," she says. "and by the way, she's been staring at you all practice, also. with sparkles in her eyes." she pulls away, smiling.

"sparkles?" i ask, rubbing my side where her thumb dug into my rib.

"yes. many sparkles. i almost got blinded by just glancing at her," she responded. i laugh at her wording. "you should go ask her out."
~
i'm brought out of my thoughts my the bedroom door closing. i look up to see y/n walking towards the bed with a smile.

"whatcha doing?" she asks, cutely, and sits next to me.

"just thinking of the day we met," i respond, chuckling.

"that was some day," she laughs. "it's even funnier how i could hear everything."

"honestly," i smile in agreement. "second best day of my life."

"what's your first?" she asked with curiosity.

"this one, if you say yes." she looks at me confused. i open the top drawer of my nightstand and bring out a small jewelry box. after closing the drawer, i get down on the bedroom floor on one knee and open it, presenting my grandma's old ring. her eyes widen, watching me. "three years ago today, my best friend and my other half was introduced to me on one of the most embarrassing days of my life." she giggles with me. "ever since then, i have been the person i have always wanted to be: happy, resilient, outgoing, and able to give unconditional love. you give me strengths i never knew i could have. you make me feel in ways i never knew were possible. being with you lifts me up into heights unknown. i never know what will happen next. loving you is extraordinary, magnificent, magical, eventful, and so many other things that make me want to love you for as long as i possibly can. i believe you are the one for me. so with that said, will you-" before i could say anything else, i was cut off with a passionate kiss. when she pulls away, she hugs me lovingly.

"fuck yeah, i will," she whispers in my ear, making me smile the smile i only use for her.

——————

so this is longer than what i usually write. i hope you like it.