Chapter 3 : Outside the Castle Walls

'Be brave enough to let go where you can't win'

I eventually stopped crying, then picked up the left of my luggage and went to the Main Entrance. When I arrived, I saw their majesties and of course the man, whom I still do not know what his name is. I could tell that the Queen was still furious, but she was hiding it with a stoic face, while the king was expressionless. I then looked at the man who was smiling in a creepy way. From it, I felt unwelcoming shivers up and down my body. I bowed to their Majesties and gave the man's coachman my bag to put in the carriage. This is it. This is really happening!

I bid a short empty farewell to their Majesties and started to head towards the carriage along with the man. The coachman opened the door. You would think a gentleman would wait for the woman to enter first; well I would have to look somewhere else 'for he is no gentleman. After he entered, I went in and sat as far away from him as I could. I heard him command the coachmen to start the journey, but I decided to try to tune him out for the remaining of the ride. I looked out the small window and said my last goodbyes to the only place I have ever known.

The ride was quiet, timid and full of boredom, well for me it was. Oh dear God, help me now. I decided to look outside the window to pass the time. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed he was fidgeting and edging closer to me. My body automatically responded by edging away as far as I could in the roomy carriage. I sat stiff and timid while thinking, please do not do anything. It looked like he noticed my discomfort because he responded with...

"Ah, do not worry my dear, I do not bite" while smiling a toothful smile as he tried to hold my cold, shivering hand.

"Of course sir" I started saying as I edged again away slightly." But I just am not comfortable yet, and would be appreciative if you can respect my boundaries for now". I voiced my discomfort in a monotone tone while looking straight ahead.

"But if you are to be my wife, you would have to return my affection, am I right?" He questioned; I could tell he was getting annoyed. Not again...

"Of course, when we are to be married" I answered, again looking straight ahead.

"You do know you are my property now, do you? And I command you to look at me." I did as he requested to look at him.

"No, I am to be your partner, not a property, sir" I corrected.

"Listen here girl" He started saying as he looked to be restraining himself from lashing out."You are mine now and their majesties allowed me to do what I please with you, princess or not".

I raised my head in dignity and looked at him," Right now, I am above your status so this behavior towards me is unacceptable. I do not care what you think of yourself. I am the superior here and I demand respect" I said in a strong voice.

"Why you!" He looked to want to say something but then composed himself," I would advise you to watch that tongue of yours," He spat every threat.

"And I advise you to show me respect before I request an audience with the court, I am after all still the princess" I retaliated.