01|The Barton Family

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

01: La Familia Barton ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Being born and raised in various parts of New York had made Luciana a city girl. Whenever she found herself outside of a major city she had a hard time falling asleep. This was also the case when she spent the week on Clint Barton's farm.

The girl had made plans to go there to help the family through all of Clint's trials after he broke out of prison. However, by the time Luciana made the necessary arrangements, the trials were concluded and Clint received house arrest. House arrest wasn't the worst punishment for the Avenger since his property was large.

Now Luciana lay in the small bed of one of the guest bedrooms. It was technically unclaimed, but Luciana had stayed in that room for as long as she could remember and over time it had become filled with various small trinkets that belonged to the Latina. Luciana had given up on falling asleep simply by laying in bed, and thus she was scrolling through her phone and waiting for her brain to become too exhausted and allow sleep to wash over her.

That moment arrived after about an hour and Luciana put her phone down on the nightstand and rolled over in her bed so she could peer out of the window. Even though nights at the Barton farm weren't easy for Luci, she had to admit that they were beautiful.

Morning arrived early as Nathaniel had taken it upon himself to scream his lungs out until one of his parents cuddled with him.

Inside the cosy living room, Luciana sat on the worn-out couch, her eyes fixed on a photo album that lay open in her lap. Luciana traced her finger along the faded image of her parents, Fernando and Maria, both sporting confident smiles and SHIELD uniforms. They had been her guiding lights until their tragic demise in Paris years ago.

Luciana's reverie was broken by Clint setting down a mug of coffee on the coffee table in front of her. "Hey, Luci," Clint greeted her with a tired smile. "Mind if I join you?"Luciana returned the smile and shimmied to the side of the couch to make room for Clint.

Luciana plucked the mug from the table, and she wrapped her hands around it, savouring the comforting warmth. "Thanks," Luciana said, taking a careful sip. "You always know how to make the best coffee."

Clint chuckled. "Years of practice, I guess. Coffee helps keep me sane in this crazy world." Luciana nodded, appreciating the familiar ritual and the sense of belonging that being on the farm brought her.

As they sat together, the air carried a mix of tranquillity and unspoken tension. Luciana's mind raced with thoughts of recent events, including the Avengers' major spat in Berlin. She had heard the news afterwards and had yearned to be a part of the action and prove herself. "You know," Luciana finally spoke, her voice tinged with a mix of disappointment and determination. "It's frustrating that I wasn't invited to fight in Berlin. I could have helped."