"Just another Punk"

"Just another Punk"

Selena

"Here." I said giving the creation guts to the meat keeper. He gave me 5 coins.

"What?!?" I said. This wasnt right. "Those guts weighed at least 200!" I exclaimed. The meat keeper shrugged."This wont even keep me alive for 2 days." I said starring at the coins."Please me and my little brother need-."
"LOOK! Thats what you get...if you don't get out of here im gonna have to get the gaurds." He yelled at me.
I groaned as I put the 5 coins in my pocket and walked off. I washed my hands at the local fountain and was off home. "JAKE!" I called. Jake was my little brother. He didnt look little though. He had big muscles and was taller then me. He was only a year younger. But I still was protective of him. He came rushing to me."How much we get?" He asked."5 only." I said. I fell to the couch. "He wouldn't listen to me...." I said.

Jake sat next to me. "Here." I said handing him 2 coins."Keep it." "But Se-." "Jake keep the damn coins."
I felt like a mom when I said that.

Maybe I was just frustrated on how we was going to survive this week."We can go out hunting again." He said. I shook my head."We already had our weeks pay...they wont let us bring no more creations until next Monday." He grabbed his jacket."Where you going?" I asked sitting up a bit."To talk to the meat keeper." He opened the door but I quickly shut it."No, they're going to take you away. Leave it alone I promise ill get us some more coins."

I said practically begging. I didnt want Jake to be forced away. He was the only person I had.

"Selena you been working you ass off." He said."You dont need-." I sighed.

"Jake....im gonna be fine." I said. Even though Jake was 17 he couldn't work until he was 18. By the age 15 you can start hunting. "Its early you need to get ready for school."

I said. He nodded. It was the early in the morning. The sun arose. I scrubbed myself with the brush, soap, and water we had and got dressed. We left the house and to the public school. We paid a coin to get in on the right side. On the left side the rich kids got in for free.

The gaurds checked my back pack and I was off to my locker. This school looked like a normal high school. But was always extremely unfair. Not even mentioning the stupid school uniforms.

Jake left to his classes. I put my stuff in my locker. I seen a light flash through my face and looked on the floor. Just to see a coin reflecting in my face. I hurried to picked it up, making sure no one noticed me. I put it in my back pack and grabbed one of my books.

It was these rich dweebs names Ryan and Justin. Justin and I lockers was right next to eachother. So everyday I would have to see them and everyday I would have to deal with there shit. Especially Justin's. The worst part of my day is hearing Justin bieber voice.

I grabbed a few pencils. But they fell. Ryan's helped me pick them up. "Thanks Ryan." I said as we stood up and he gave me the pencils. "No problem Selena." He said.

"Its good to help the poor Ryan." Justin said and turned around.
You see what I'm saying.
"Come on man don't say that." Ryan said.
"It's true." Justin said and faced with with his stupid smirk.
I could feel my eyes water."Gonna cry?" He asked. I wanted to hit him. I wanted to hurt him."Your just another Punk." I said and quickly walked away.

Justin

"That wasn't cool." Ryan said. And he was serious. "What?" I said while shutting my locker."She didnt say one word to you bro." He said.

So what? It's not like she cares anyways."
"She was about to cry." I realized Ryan was getting more irritated.

"She hates me obviously why would she cry?" I said."Because people have feelings. Unlike you dick face." He said. I shrugged.

Ryan just shook his head and walked away.

"Baby!"

Amber said and ran up to me pecking my lips."Hey cutie." I said putting one arm around her shoulder and started walking her to class.

"Well tonight...." she began. But I didnt bother to hear her gossip.

I was feeling guilty now for what I said to Selena. She didnt put up a fight like usual. She just walked away all sad I could see her walking out the corner of my eye ahead of us. She was walking slow. She left before me so she should have already been to class? "

Justy are you listening?" Amber asked. Her blue eyes starring at my face. "Uh yea I am."

Selena

The final bell rung and I hurried to my locker. I didnt want to run into Justin so he could be a bigger dick.
"Hey Sel." Jake said."Mind if I go to the pizza place with my friends?" He asked. "Uh sure...be back by 7:30." I said. He kissed my cheak and hugged me."See ya Sel." He said and ran off.

I walked out the school after getting my bag checked again and I heard someone call my name. I turned around and saw Justin standing in front of me.

"What?" I asked. My voice didn't sound mean or stern, just simple and quiet. "Im sorry for what I said this morning, I was trying to be cool and didn't realize what I was saying." He said. "Its ok." "No its not, I owe you, how much?" He asked."How much what?" I asked. "Coins...." he trailed off.

"I'm not your charity case" I said pushing away his offer."I insist." He said. It was getting more cold. And I had to make it to work. He grabbed my hand and put a pouch in it.

"Take then, I have plenty more at home." He said and let go of my hand.

I walked to McDonald's and checked in. "Hey Sel." Demi said to me."Why wasnt you at school today?" I asked preparing food."I ran out of coins."

"Did you do your weekly pay." Demi rolled her eyes. "No because I cant catch a creation." She slapped the sandwich together angrily.

"Maybe I could help you tonight passed curfew?"

"Thank you so much Sel. You know I suck at this." She Said and hugged me.

I chuckled. "Just meet me at Jenkins."

After getting off at six I went to the grocery store and got 2 loafs of bread and a box of macaroni. All 3 coins. I walked home and cooked our food. That a when Jake made it. "Woah." He said looking at the macaroni and cheese and the 2 pieces of bread he had on his plate.

"Justin gave me 10 coins today." I said. I was feeling pretty happy."Thats cool." Jake said and quickly jumped into his food. Surprisingly, we had left overs. I had 2 plates of macaroni. And finally I felt full."Time for wash up." I said as I took the plates in the kitchen. I shut the curtains. To block out the nightly riots.

I checked on Jake and was on my way to help Demi.