Side Story 1: Visiting New In-Laws (1)

Start from the beginning

After Su Jian finished preparing the milk, he carried the milk bottle back into the room. Seeing his daughter lying obediently in An Yize's embrace, Su Jian couldn't help but feel jealous.

However, he had no right to complain. After all, even though he was the one who gave birth, he hadn't really taken much part in the upbringing of the baby. Ever since the baby was born, she had been taken care of by the professional nanny and mother An. Even An Yize had taken care of the baby more than Su Jian did. As for him, his main role as a mother was to bring the child to, ugh, play...

Actually, Su Jian was initially ambitious to take care of his next generation. After all, he would be raising a loli into something. It sounded moving! However, when he started raising this extra mini loli for a few days, he realized that it wasn't anything like what he had imagined. Raising a child was really too hard...

On the contrary, An Yize didn't seem troubled at all. Ever since the baby was born, something in president An seemed to have awakened. To an outsider, he still looked mature, cold and elite. However, once he faced the baby, his image changed completely. There were quite a few times when Su Jian woke up in the middle of the night and saw An Yize squatting beside the cradle, looking at the baby sleep. An Yize's expression was so gentle, Su Jian didn't know how to describe how he felt.

Seeing the previously crying baby lying in An Yize's embrace very obediently, Su Jian lamented sourly, "I've heard that daughters are their father's lover in their past life. Looks like it's true."

An Yize laughed as he received the milk bottle.

Su Jian sat at the side, supporting his face with his hand as he watched An Yize feed the child. He said, "If we followed that saying, wouldn't I become your daughter in our next life?"

An Yize's hand which was feeding the baby trembled.

Su Jian excitedly continued, "Actually, it doesn't seem bad being your daughter. I can tell in a glance that you're really cut out for fatherhood. Now that we mention about it, I really couldn't tell in the past. To think that you liked children so much..."

An Yize replied indifferently, "That's not true."

Su Jian was stunned. "What?"

An Yize didn't look at him. While feeding the baby, he replied calmly, "It's just that she is our child."

Su Jian was first stunned, before falling into silence.

"Yize?"

"Hm?"

Su Jian leaned forward and quickly planted a kiss on An Yize's face as he looked up. Then, as if nothing happened, he turned around.

"Take good care of our child, I will go and browse the web."

"......"

Su Jian habitually called his home phone.

This card was specially prepared by him, used for calling back his home landline. After father Su or mother Su picked up and he heard their voice, he would hurriedly say "Sorry, I've dialed the wrong number", before hanging up the phone, feeling rest assured.

He knew that this act was childish. However, he couldn't think of a better way. When he was first reborn, he didn't dare to confess to his parents immediately due to his relationship with An Yize. After finding out that he and An Yize's marriage was just part of a contract, he had decided to wait for a year to pass. Once their relationship ended, he would go back to his family. At least An Yize wasn't by his side and sister Su's family was far away, lessening the trouble.

During that one year period, there were times he secretly called home. Every time he heard his parents' voice, he felt terrible and guilty. Afterward, when his leg healed, he had secretly went back to visit his neighborhood. Although he had heard his parents' calm and steady voice through the phone and had learned about his parents' well being through Su Jie, Su Jian only felt reassured after seeing his parents looking healthy physically and mentally with his own eyes.