When Ling Si was about to leave he was still a little worried. He said directly, "Teacher, what should we do if he bullied you when I leave? Why don't I follow you to the hospital? I was the one who injured him, so I should take responsibility!"

To think that he wanted to take responsibility. Su Jian couldn't help laughing. He wanted to touch Ling Si's head, but wasn't tall enough for it. Thus, he could only settle for Ling Si's shoulders. He said softly, "Don't worry. You've already beaten him up. He won't dare to bully me again."

It was then that Ling Si left with his bag while still feeling worried.

Lu Chenghe got into the car with a gloomy face. Su Jian could only follow him into the car.

......

Reaching the hospital, Lu Chenghe had just went in for a checkup when Su Jian received a call from An Yize. Su Jian gave Lu Chenghe a glance before he went out to answer the phone.

An Yize said, "Jian Jian, are you home yet?"

"Not yet." Su Jian continued, "I'm at First Hospital. Have you gotten off work? Come and fetch me after you got off work."

"Hospital?" An Yize's voice became pretty obviously anxious. "Why are you at the hospital? Are you feeling unwell?"

"Not me." Su Jian continued, "It's... a friend of mine. I accompanied them here for a checkup."

An Yize's voice paused. "A female friend or... a male friend?"

When Su Jian heard that, the corner of his lips couldn't help but raise. "Male friend."

An Yize, on the other end, didn't speak for a moment.

Su Jian's eyes curved into a smile. "Therefore, come here quickly. Be swift!"

An Yize replied, "Wait for me."

Hearing the beeping sound from the phone after it was hung up, Su Jian suddenly felt that his bad mood that was brought upon by Lu Chenghe earlier improved.

After the checkup was done, Lu Chenghe didn't have any serious issues. He already knew it. He just wanted to hold Su Jian back. Thus, after the checkup, he held back Su Jian, who had finished his task and was preparing to leave.

"Jian Jian, I'll send you back."

"Oh, no need. My husband will be coming to fetch me. I will just wait for him at the entrance."

Hearing the word "husband" from him, Lu Chenghe's eyes sank. After a while, he started growing listless. "Jian Jian, you actually hate me, don't you?"

"What?" Su Jian was stunned. "No no. Why would I hate you for?"

"If you do not hate me, why would you try to hide it from me so much?" Lu Chenghe continued, "Although you're not willing to admit, I know that you and your husband don't actually have feelings for each other."

Su Jian said with a headache, "Mr. Lu, I've already told you that my husband and I love each other very much."

However, Lu Chenghe didn't believe his words at all, only saying, "Jian Jian, I know that you won't forgive me so easily, but I wish to tell you that I will always be waiting for you. I know that you have your difficulties. However, have you thought about what your mother would think if she learns about your fake marriage? Auntie's health isn't great. She can't handle such a shock."

Su Jian's expression slowly clenched. "What do you mean?" Is this surnamed Lu guy using Mother Su to threaten him?

Lu Chenghe's expression was gentle, "Jian Jian, I don't mean anything else. What I wish to say is that if you're really doing this for your mother's illness, I can help you out. I don't want you to suffer from any injustice.