Su Jian sighed miserably. He scrunched up his face and didn't get up even after a long time.

"Are you hurt?" Su Jian was rubbing his aching butt when An Yize's voice suddenly sounded behind him.

Su Jian looked up blankly and saw An Yize coming over in a few steps, not hiding the concern in his eyes.

"Ah, no, it's nothing." Su Jian replied flatly and hurriedly used his hands as support to stand up.

An Yize grabbed his hand and saw Su Jian's hand was oozing with blood. With tensely knitted brows, he asked, "You're injured?"

"It's nothing. It's just a small cut, it doesn't hurt..." Su Jian wanted to take back his hand. However, he did not expect An Yize to have already taken out a band-aid. After cleaning up the area around the wound, he stuck the bandage on.

Su Jian swallowed his saliva and said softly, "Thank you."

An Yize gave him a glance before pulling him up by his hand. "The road is slippery. Be more careful and watch your footing."

"Oh, okay." Su Jian was never so obedient before. While An Yize was not paying attention, Su Jian secretly gave him a few glances.

Who would have thought that An Yize caught his secret glances head on. He took out a bottle of water from his bag and passed it over to Su Jian. "Thirsty?"

Su Jian received the water. With a laugh, he said, "Oh. Yes, I'm thirsty." In order to lessen the awkwardness, after uncapping the water bottle and drinking a few mouthfuls of water, Su Jian passed the bottle back. "Are you thirsty? Do you want some as well?"

An Yize stared at him. He took the bottle and drank some silently.

Is this a symbol of our reconcilement? Su Jian relaxed slightly when he saw that An Yize's expression wasn't as upset as before. Although he was shocked, frightened and distressed by An Yize's confession, they still had a contract for a fake marriage. The two of them still had to live together. Therefore, he didn't want the two of them to be so awkward around each other because it would i be very uncomfortable for him.

The two of them still didn't speak much for the rest of the journey. But at the very least they didn't have to avoid each other. After the two of them got to the base of the mountain, they didn't feel like going anywhere else to play, so they went back home straight.

......

When they got home, Su Jian realised that An Yize didn't not seem to care about him anymore.

An Yize was neither angry nor harsh to him. However, Yize didn't talk to him anymore. Although An Yize had been rather silent in the past, he spoke more when he was with Su Jian because Su Jian was talkative. But now, the two of them couldn't speak more than two sentence to each other for the whole day. Even though they were still living together, they seemed to be more distant than when they first met.

Su Jian felt uncomfortable but helpless in this situation. He knew that this wasn't An Yize's fault. No matter who it was, someone whose confession was rejected wouldn't be able to face his crush with a smile immediately. Although Su Jian understood this, he couldn't help but feel depressed and, for some reason, fidgety.

On the first day they got back home, Su Jian stood in front of the bed they had shared countless times, feeling quite hesitant. It was still okay when he didn't know An Yize's thoughts in the past. Now that he knew An Yize held romantic feelings for him, he couldn't just share the same bed with An Yize anymore. Usually at this time, he would be playing with his laptop or handphone while lying on the sofa but he could only think about avoiding Yize right now. Carrying his laptop, he slipped away to An Yize's study room.