Chapter 31: Cruel! This Is Too Cruel!

Start from the beginning

An Yize briefly explained, "While I was waiting for you, I happened to see Ningxue. She sprained her leg, so I sent her to her car to let her chauffeur fetch her. However, after I came back, you disappeared."

"Miss Bai?" Su Jian was surprised. He didn't expect that the woman behind this was actually someone he knew. He knew that Bai Ningxue liked An Yize. He also remembered Bai Ningxue telling him about how An Yize always protected her during their childhood. Su Jian could not help as he wanted to gossip, "You like her?"

An Yize replied, "I've said this before. I only treat her as a sister."

If you only treat her as a sister, why do you need to use me as a guise to meet her during Qixi Festival? Su Jian did not believe his words and asked in disatisfaction. "What is our relationship? Do you need to hide it from me?"

After hearing his question, An Yize asked in return, "What is our relationship?"

"We are allies!" Su Jian continued, "We have to work together. You don't need to hide from me. If you like someone, just like her daringly. I won't obstruct you."

An Yize faintly replied, "I have a wife now."

Disappointed, Su Jian retorted, "I knew it. You're still not willing to tell me the truth! We are not a real couple. Why are you involving me? Even if we are really a couple, in this age, aren't there plenty of men that practice polygamy?"

An Yize furrowed his eyebrows. Recalling Su Jian's view on a man having many wives and concubines, he asked, "Can you tolerate your lover loving someone else?"

"Of course I can't!" Su Jian replied instinctively.

"Then you should put yourself in other people's shoes. Naturally, I won't let the person I like be hurt." An Yize replied seriously. "In the first place, once you like someone, how is it possible for you to accept someone else?"

Su Jian thought, I can! I am big-hearted, my heart is as wide as the sky and the seas. It can encompass a whole harem with no problem! Unfortunately, in the past twenty-nine years, no woman was willing to enter! I have lived for twenty-nine years and I have never once experienced being in a relationship. How saddening!

"That's why," An Yize stared at him in his eyes, "Don't say such a thing ever again. We are husband and wife now. If I'm with another woman, you should take caution."

Su Jian blinked his eyes. He felt that he understood what An Yize meant. That's right, he was now acting as a girl that loved An Yize deeply. Looking at it normally, if An Yize gets too close to another woman, as a wife, he shouldn't be so calm and forgiving. If he acted like he didn't care at all, it would ruin his act instead.

Su Jian always thought that he was very professional with his work. Therefore, he nodded his head and said, "I understand! Next time, if I see you with another girl, I will work hard to be jealous!"

An Yize: "......"

Since his gossiping soul couldn't be satisfied, he could only satisfy his stomach by eating more. After the intermission, Su Jian resumed eating.

An Yize placed a piece of fish meat with its bones removed onto Su Jian's bowl. Su Jian, who was used to An Yize placing food in his bowl, picked up the fish meat and threw it into his mouth.

Su Jian was eating happily when there was a sudden commotion nearby.

Su Jian had food stuffed in his mouth till the point that it was bulging. Hearing the commotion, Su Jian lifted his head and looked over ignorantly. After looking and listening for a moment, he became excited: Someone is proposing!