Because of this, he couldn't help from being less cold and indifferent towards her as well.

An Yize said, "I'll get off work and come home at 5:30."

He thought: Her cooking was pretty good. It makes me look forward a bit more to going home to eat.

After all the surrounding upper management who were still eavesdropping heard their normally stern president turning down a dinner event in order to go home, they saw the rare sight of a gentle expression coming from the president's face.

It could only be the president's wife on the phone. Anyone else would come in second! It was said that the president and his newly wed wife had a love more solid than gold, and that they were incomparably, deeply in love. Now, it seemed that the stories were really true.

After the meeting adjourned, the Chief of Operations, Ji Mingfei smacked An Yize's shoulder and laughed wickedly, "What? Didn't I hear that you had a dinner scheduled with Yin corp's Chen Mian? Why are you getting off work and going home on time?"

Ji Mingfei was An Yize's best friend and the only one other than the two people involved who knew the lowdown on his marriage. The two of them started this close friendship in college. Later, when An Yize became in charge of CMI, Ji Mingfei had, as a matter of course, felt duty-bound to come over and help.

An Yize paid no heed to his question, yet this didn't annoy Ji Mingfei. He smiled genially as he followed him into the president's office, "It seems that Su Jian, that little girl, is pretty good!"

An Yize concentrated on flipping open the docûments and took no notice of his best friend's teasing.

Ji Mingfei shook his head, "I say, Young Master An, do you have to be so indifferent?"

The hand An Yize was using to flip through the docûments slowly stopped moving. He suddenly said softly, "Ah Fei. do you think it's because I was always so indifferent that... she left me?"[1]

Ji Mingfei frowned, "Of course not! Even if you were indifferent to the whole world, when would you ever have been willing to let her suffer even the tiniest wrong?"

An Yize smiled wryly, "Then why did she still..."

Ji Mingfei strode towards the front of his desk, "Yize, she's the one not good enough for you."

An Yize's expression slowly cooled, "So, I won't give her any room to return."

Ji Mingfei forced a smile, "It would be best if you really did let go."

He paused for a moment, then said, "Actually, I've checked out that little girl Su Jian. She's very clean and pure, which is pretty nice. Even if she's not your usual type, the two of you are already married. Why not try it out?"

"It's strictly business between us." An Yize paused for a moment then looked up at Ji Mingfei, "I recall that Su Jian isn't your type either."

Ji Mingfei smiled and said, "Although I usually have no interest in goody-two-shoes little girls, but your girl truly has a great body..."

"Ah Fei!" An Yize interrupted Ji Mingfei in a low voice.

"OK, OK. Don't joke around about a friend's wife, alright? I won't say anything anymore, that's all." Ji Mingfei promptly stopped. When he saw An Yize's long face, he secretly laughed in his heart: It's obvious that you care, but you just don't realize it. Now, whether you both stay strictly business to the end all depends on you, little miss Su Jian!

..............

When An Yize got home, Su Jian had just finished cooking.

"You're back?" Su Jian craned his neck towards the living room, "Come help me carry some dishes out." Even though he could figure out a way to get them to the dining table by himself, this would be a very strenuous thing for a wounded person like himself to be doing. Thus, when he heard An Yize had come back, he immediately pushed this task over to a certain Mr. An.