His Dance

A/N: So, I know it's a day late. Yesterday was really busy so... Happy late birthday Cap!

*ENDGAME SPOILERS AHEAD* So, if you haven't watched the movie, kindly turn around and read the other chapters of this story again. Or check out my other book Steadfast . 

Anyway, I wrote this because Steggy totally deserved it and Endgame made my heart happy. ...And sad. All at once. Like some sort of sweet and sour cinnamon roll. 

That was a horrible simile. Let's just overlook that and get right into the story. It's really short but (Hopefully) sweet. Good luck! Please don't cry. 

P.S. I know my other Cap fic isn't done. I'm hoping to finish that up soon. I've been really preoccupied with Steadfast, lately. Without furthur ado: His Dance. 

Steven Rogers was pretty sure that he had stopped breathing.

Because his mind hadn't been clear since Peggy touched his hand.

And when she led him over towards the center of the living room, humming softly to the music that was playing in the background—well, he thought he was still alive. But he couldn't be sure.

How could this really be real?

He was finally getting that dance.

"Steve?" Peggy asked, her voice low and gentle. "Are you alright?"

He looked up. Their gazes met.

"I've never been better," he whispered.

Peggy smiled and she must've known what he was thinking. She had always seemed to be able to read his mind.

"Miss Carter?" His voice came out smaller than usual, choked with emotion. "May I have this dance?"