A small smile found its way onto Cap's face as he felt her cuddle her cheek to hia shoulder. He tried his best to ignore it and keep focused out the window.  But the harder he tried he foind his body protesting, his lungs didn't wish to breath right and his limbs had the crawlies.

So maybe "just a bit" was shorter than he thought. Cap giving in turned his body to face hers and held her in his arms placing a kiss atop her head. He gave her a gentle squeeze. "I aint mad." He said ib a long sigh.

Chyna looked up at him and smiled weakly, "not at you." he kissed the bridge of her nose, "Jus, wish things were different. Im mad at the way it is - thats all." He said. Chyna rested her head over his heart, and his body calmed.

"Me too, but we won't be the first or the last. One day it wont be like this, we won't get to see it, but them that come after - it'll be better for em..because of those that put up with How it was before." Chyna said with a small smile.

"Its how its always is with everything." She added.

Chyna looked up at Cap and gave a silly smile "jus think about the very first man to wear a hat - or spectacles musta been hell. E'erybody pointing and laughing. Probably took a while for folks to say "hey thats not so bad" I bet the first kinds just looked awful." Chyna said.

Cap laughed "darlin, I dont think thats quiet the same thing." He said with a chuckled "no, but it worked" Chyna said pleased with herself as she watch Cap's smile.

Early morning was fading into mid afternoon, Jon had expected the trip to run about 23 hours if not more. Jon, Cotton, Cap and Chyna had stopped off to the aide of the road for a rest. Eating with simple chatter - most consisting for Cotton's excited question about where they were headed.

"Is it in the city?" Cotton asked, "no, its more rural county,  but not 30 minutes away by wagon or horse." Jon said. As he spoke of what had been his home he held a content smile. Chyna imagined it must have been a lovely place.

Cap and Chyna now sat at the head of the coach, Cap driving while giving Jon some time to test

Cap and Chyna now sat at the head of the coach, Cap driving while giving Jon some time to test. Chyna rested her head on his shoulder and fiddled with the fabric of his sleeve, she found herself whistling a tune Cotton had been stuck on for the epast few weeks.

It caused Cap to chuckle, "I hate that song," he said, he shook his head a bit "wished, unle Lias never taught Cotton Top that." He added. Chyna looked up at Cap with an apologetic smile. "I hates it too, but ya gotta admit...aint as bad whistlin it as it is hearin' it on the fiddle." She giggled. "Aint lie about that." Cap sighed.

"Whats that fella up there doin?" Chyna asked. Up the road was an man sitting on the ground, head held in his hands with a Mule grazed at the grass.

"Don't know, doesn't seem like he's having too much fun." Cap said, driving the coach in the man's directions. "Hey there sir? How you come on?" Cap asked.