How do I deal with cyber-bullying?

We think now would be a good time to talk about cyber-bullying.

There are different kids of cyberbullies, and it can be difficult to figure out how to handle some of the more extreme ones.

These are our suggestions:

1. Try to never engage with the bully.

Bullies usually long for attention.

So, instead of giving them attention, try your best not to name call or harass them back.

Don't try pleading for them to stop either, because usually this makes it worse.

2. Report the bully and block their account.

Even if the person makes new accounts to harass you, you can report and block those accounts of theirs too.

Hopefully, they will eventually grow tired of making new accounts and back down.

3. Surround yourself with good people online.

Follow encouraging pages, and people that will reassure you even when others try and tear you down.

You deserve the positivity.

Our advice for severe cyber-bullying:

If someone is sharing pictures of you without your consent, messaging you any type of threats, or making you feel unsafe at all, this is severe cyber-bullying.

If you are dealing with severe cyber-bullying or harassment, you should alert some type of authority figure.

It can be a parent, an older cousin, older sibling, or older friend.

Please, DO NOT try to handle this all on your own.

Stay safe online, everyone.

~SGC