#14 Sea Breeze

Recap~

What?" He looks at us, raising his eyebrows.
"It is was alright with me from the beginning." Nate said that and smirked towards Nicolas. I rolled my eyes, he didn't have any problem to begin with. We all just smiled at each other and spent the rest of the day peacefully.

And for once, everything seemed to be the reality. While some of it was, and wasn't.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* *-

I woke up next to the Bad boy.

Chapter 14: Sea Breeze.

So today, we decided to head to the beach for the first time, after Nate and Stacey's arrival.

Remind me again, why we didn't just go to the beach before? I mean, like, step one foot out of this place and ta-da, there's the sea. But then again, the events of the last few days seem to be the cause of our late visit to the beach. Oh, well.

I think that Stacey is the only one that has yet to see the beach and everybody was hyped up for the visit to the beach. There arises a question that 'isn't it Nate's first time here as well'?

Apparently not.

As I have concluded after interrogating -not really, just asking- Nicolas about it, Nate usually visits this place annually and most of the time, it's unannounced, unlike this one.

Well, so after all that has happened over the past couple of days, I was more than ready to head over to the beach and just enjoy the sun. Maybe even get a tan -which I don't need honestly, mostly because of my Hispanic background (Thanks, Mom)- and kick back and relax as this summer vacation, till now, hasn't exactly been what you'd call 'two months of relaxation'.

Perhaps, today as well, would be a day where Nicolas and I would pretend to be a 'couple' and I would've to lie to my best friend.
We'd have to continue to pretend for who knows how long, and maybe I wouldn't stop pretending for a while but then again, I know that it's for the sake of my best friend and I'd do anything, for her happiness.

Even so, I am sure to make the most of the day and avoid lying to her as much as I can so that the guilt of being dishonest would not eat me away.

Okay, that was too dramatic.

Now that I think about it, I don't feel as guilty as I should. Is it bad? I don't know. It just feels like the right thing to do. And then again, Stacey really does like Nate and I'm doing this for her.

I am doing this for her.

Yeah, continue to tell yourself that.

Ugh, my conscious.

*

So, Nicolas had been smart enough to have our rooms close to each other so that Nate and Stacey could have the ground level of the house to themselves, but what he really missed is the fact that now every time that I have to go and see Stacey, I would have to pass his room to head downstairs. And to top it all off, Nicolas always -always- keeps the door to his room, open.

So, every time I have to pass his room, I have to resist the urge to turn my head and look into his room, pretty much invading his privacy. Although, it's his fault. If he wants privacy, he could just simply lock and door but I don't want to be the one to tell him that, so I just resist myself.

It's just easier, okay?

*

Well, today, I woke up while it was still dark, even before dawn. I don't know how but once I opened my eyes, it was hard to fall back into my slumber. I believe it has happened to me a few times before too.