One

"Dustin!" Daisy screamed at the top of her lungs from next to the open front door, picking up her bag from the floor. "Dus-tin!"

"I'm almost ready! Geez, Louise!" Dustin yelled back from inside the bathroom. Daisy groaned loudly, leaning back against the doorframe. "Just a minute!"

"You said that like, ten minutes ago!" Daisy had been waiting for her younger brother Dustin to get ready for their first day of school for a while. Ever since he turned thirteen, Dustin had been spending more time getting ready in the bathroom, and despite him dismissing it as being due to puberty, it still pissed Daisy off. "Get your curly head out here right fucking now, Dustin!"

"Language, Daisy!"Mrs Henderson snapped from inside the kitchen.

Daisy ignored her mother and yelled her brother's name one last time before he emerged, his bag slung over his shoulder.

"I'm right here!" Dustin shouted in his sister's face, earning a pinch on the bicep. "Ow!" He winced, frowning before he pinched her back on her arm.

"We're goin', Ma!" Daisy raised her voice loud enough for her mother to hear her in the kitchen.

"Have a great first day, darlings! And please, try not to kill each other!"

"Twerp." Daisy murmured, rubbing the pinched area as she made her way to her bike.

"Witch." He murmured back, following her. "Oh, before I forget." He mounted his bike. Daisy glanced over at him, placing her back in the basket attached to the front before also mounting the bike. "I'm going to the arcade with the others so don't wait for me after school."

"Haven't you achieved high scores in all the games though?" They cycled out of the small driveway and onto the street. "What's the point of going then?"

"Because, Daisy, I haven't been to the arcade for three days while Nana was visiting." he pointed out, panting slightly as he paddled faster to catch up with his sister. "

The Henderson siblings bid each other farewell before separated themselves. Dustin went by his usual routine of cycling to school with his friends, picking them up one by one: Lucas Sinclair, Mike Wheeler, Will Byers and finishing off with Jane (who for some reason also goes by Eleven or El) Hopper, the latter who lived closest to Hawkins Middle School.

Daisy, on the other hand, would usually cycle straight to her friend Jonathan Byers' house, who would have been waiting there with his girlfriend, Nancy Wheeler (who previously dated Daisy and Jonathan's former bully, Steve Harrington, who then ended up becoming quite good friends with both of them, especially Daisy. A lot happened over summer of '84). But she didn't see much of them all summer.

Instead, she found solace in the last person she expected: Steve Harrington. He and his (now ex) friends used to tease her so much for being such a 'priss' and 'weirdo'. Despite dating Nancy, he was still mean towards her and Jonathan. But after trying his best to be the good guy, Nancy broke up with him and got together with Johnatan. It broke Steve, but at the same time, he understood he was a bit of a jerk towards her and her friends. Summer of '84 was the most boring one for Steve, who would usually be invited to all the parties due to his high social status, but after his friends ditched him and his relationship ended, he was alone. That was, until he started hanging out with Daisy.

At first, it was weird and awkward: the former bully with his former victim. But then he started helping her with regaining some of her old confidence back, and along with babysitting her brother and his friends, they made a pretty good team.

Since they'd grown closer over summer, she decided to cycle to his house, hoping he was still getting ready. Luckily she reached him just before he started his car.